997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Made mistake of test driving 997 C2S... help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 07speed
Now how can I not take offense to that!! Believe me, I love American muscle!!
lol, sorry missed your viper! Wasn't making a rundown of best american muscle, but by the Viper is one of the best for sure. Haven't experianced the new SS Camaro or the Challenger SRT/8. How those pups run? They look real sweet, I love the retro run of all the american muscle now, that ah hem, the Mustang started!
Actually the Ford Thunderbird was the one that really started this all off and the Mustang ran w/ it.
Here is the link to my P51, for those not familiar w/ them. Only 151 were made. http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_p51.shtml

Old 09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sargepug
lol, sorry missed your viper! Wasn't making a rundown of best american muscle, but by the Viper is one of the best for sure. Haven't experianced the new SS Camaro or the Challenger SRT/8. How those pups run? They look real sweet, I love the retro run of all the american muscle now, that ah hem, the Mustang started!
Actually the Ford Thunderbird was the one that really started this all off and the Mustang ran w/ it.
Here is the link to my P51, for those not familiar w/ them. Only 151 were made. http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_p51.shtml
Saw both at a local auto show. The Challenger has been out a while so used to the look and the SS looked real sharp. Think both capture the modern look with a reto style touch. The Challenegr more so.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:26 PM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
Wow! Im so confused. i have had this same dillemma for 2 years now. Problem is, Im in small town and I don't know of a 911 I can go drive or ride in. I love american muscle and torque. I am a Z06 fan all the way. BUT, i have kids and I love a 997's back "seat". I just don't know if I will hate the lack of power. I just sold my beloved '64 Twin Turbo, 600 RWHP Chevelle. I'm thinkin I may be too white trash for a P-car! But can't decide!

Old 09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by swchopper
Wow! Im so confused. i have had this same dillemma for 2 years now. Problem is, Im in small town and I don't know of a 911 I can go drive or ride in. I love american muscle and torque. I am a Z06 fan all the way. BUT, i have kids and I love a 997's back "seat". I just don't know if I will hate the lack of power. I just sold my beloved '64 Twin Turbo, 600 RWHP Chevelle. I'm thinkin I may be too white trash for a P-car! But can't decide!
Trust me brother, the lack of hp / tq, is made up in the 911 by its shear road performance and presence. Cant truly explain it to you , unless you have driven one. My Roush is a violent animal that performs very well, but the 911 exposes you to the next level.