997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Another 997 CUSTOMIZED Front-to-Back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Another 997 CUSTOMIZED Front-to-Back

Hey guys,

We wanted to share another special car with you. Our 6speed customer (Bara) brought us his car wanting to add a new Misha front bumper, Misha rear bumper and rear spoiler. The project proved once again that the 997 is one amazing car.

Right out of the box, we re-prime and sand the bumper ensuring no ripples in the surface and a stock fit. Once the fit was right, we cut out a scoop into the bumper giving it that mean look.

We also took the extra time to paint the structural bumper brace so no silver would be seen through the custom grill we installed.

Next is the challenge of creating a custom meshing to fill in those aerodynamic gaps.

We measured the sizes, cut them out, and went to work.

The hand work paid off as the mesh was properly secured leaving us with quite a sight!

Last edited by StuartsPNB; 08-04-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold

To fill in the custom cut gap in the bumper, we molded in bumper diffusers onto the top.

Finally, we added the bottom lip to the bumper leaving her ready to be mounted.

Now for the other side….

In order to have the rear bumper fit stock and flush we had to cut out sections on each side of the housing.

With a proper fit ready to go, we started priming the bumper and the read wing.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Once out of the booth, we bolted them on ensuring a snug fit.

Finally, came the time to put on the finished product!

Here is the beginning of our Signature clear wrap! This particular wrap was completed in 2 separate stages. First the car was wrapped from the hood down and bumper off. We broke it down into this 2 step process to best hide the lines from the wrap.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Second was the bumper. We lined her up, put her on, and began round two.

At last we had a beautifully wrapped 997. Now for the show!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor

Once again, thank you for taking the time to see our projects in action!!!

We here to answer all question on advice or to schedule a time to evaluate a previous job to make sure it was done right. Any way we can help!!!

Thanks,

-Nathan

Old 08-04-2009, 02:33 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Nice work guys.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Nice work, and car looks terrific- wish I were in DFW area to work with y'all.

Couple questions:
1.) Whose parts are those, OEM, Misha, NR Auto, MAShaw, etc? I assume not OEM, or you shouldn't have had to cut the rear bumper to make it fit.
2.) If you want the GT3 front look, why not use OEM conversion kit (as sold by SunCoast) so as to avoid having to cut the grill slit into it?
CATTMAN

Old 08-04-2009, 03:07 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I posted in the GT3 section as well, but this looks like Bara's car!

Nice work.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:32 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Very nice work. I'd love to have this kind of care when it's time to have mine upgraded.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Congratulations; appears to be some really creative and superlative workmanship. Hope that your business thrives.
Hate to throw in a downer, but for the megabucks I'd go for a real GT3.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:46 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
SWEEET Work! I wish you guys were in Tampa!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Cattman
Nice work, and car looks terrific- wish I were in DFW area to work with y'all.

Couple questions:
1.) Whose parts are those, OEM, Misha, NR Auto, MAShaw, etc? I assume not OEM, or you shouldn't have had to cut the rear bumper to make it fit.
2.) If you want the GT3 front look, why not use OEM conversion kit (as sold by SunCoast) so as to avoid having to cut the grill slit into it?
CATTMAN
Yep, thats my car. the only correction is that the front bumper is OEM aero kit and the rear bumper and decklid is Misha. a true oem gt3 rear bumper requires overhaul of the entire exhaust system and heat shield. misha is the only company i know nthat makes a gt3 side exhaust bumper.

this is a street car and for the street, the C2S has far better street manners than a GT3. i like the GT3 looks but want a refined street car. so i went in this direction.

Last edited by Bara; 08-04-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:01 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Nice job,

But why not just go oem for front bumper? its a finished product and ready to paint??

also its PU not fiberglass like misha???

also my only problem with misha is it does not sit completely flush at the wheel well, mine was way worse, but there is still a tiny part of the driver side where they do not line up like oem.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mobonic
Nice job,

But why not just go oem for front bumper? its a finished product and ready to paint??

also its PU not fiberglass like misha???

also my only problem with misha is it does not sit completely flush at the wheel well, mine was way worse, but there is still a tiny part of the driver side where they do not line up like oem.
front bumper is OEM, bought from Ric @ suncoast. the OP mistakenly called it misha

Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Nice job. Looks great Bara!

I got the GT3 look a like too, but it was because I could not afford a GT3 last year when they were still going for msrp, if i only would have know

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another 997 CUSTOMIZED Front-to-Back