997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wheel Suggestions for a Black 997.2 C4S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
delete due to duplicate.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AZ911S
Not a cab - and not black (but close - basalt) - see avatar
What are those (avatar is small)? Look similar to stock C IV 18's (my car) but more like GT3 wheels. Whatever they are, very nice look...

...as are the HRE P40's on JoeShark's car.

I do agree with the brushed look - black is just too over the top generally.

My take on Cabs is that they can handle a "fancier" or "busier" wheel that a coupe and look great, whereas a coupe seems better with a sportier wheel. Although both of these wheels look good on either.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stevepow
My take on Cabs is that they can handle a "fancier" or "busier" wheel that a coupe and look great, whereas a coupe seems better with a sportier wheel. Although both of these wheels look good on either.
Totally agree. I also think the widebody's can pull off the busier wheels as well such as the HRE P40's. For a narrow body and a coupe, I think the HRE P43's work better and are a great looking wheel.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I went with the DPE S-20 wheels(more pics in my photo album).
Love the look and wouldn't change a thing!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 08-05-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
a set of silver or black GT3 RS wheels will look killer

Old 08-05-2009, 08:36 PM
e3113v is infamous around these parts
I went gunmetal with a chrome lip to give it just the right amount of "bling". However, my C2S is a coupe. As others here have pointed out, a cab can carry a "flashier" wheel especially with the top down! My vote is for brushed or silver... HRE's speak for themselves but that RS1 wheel is sweet!
BTW, I see you're in A-town. Have you joined PCA, Riesentoter yet?
-E.

Attached Images   
Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 PM
george3 is infamous around these partsgeorge3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by e3113v
I went gunmetal with a chrome lip .................. BTW, I see you're in A-town. Have you joined PCA, Riesentoter yet?
-E.
Nice to meet you. Yep, I've been a Riesentoter member for several years. I also do a lot of Driver Ed's with the club and other clubs as a PCA Instructor. You should come to our next meeting at Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for karting (!). It's Aug. 26th.
George

Old 08-05-2009, 11:52 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Not sure if you're talking about me, but I do have a 997.1 C4S Cab in triple black with HRE P40's in brushed. Here are some pic's. Let me know if you want any more of a close-up shot. I got an incredible trade-in on my Porsche OEM lobster fork wheels from Dan at vividracing. Might want to drop him a PM and tell him I sent you his way.

Also, just my opinion, but I'm not a fan of black wheels on a black car. The wheel just washes out way to much and you don't even see it. Just try to imagine my second picture below with black wheels. You wouldn't even see them.
It indeed was you I referring to... just a gorgeous setup.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CMOS
Could you imagine those black RS1 wheels above with a red lip on the car?
That's getting interesting.
I have a triple black C4S (black lobster claws with the silver lip).
Maybe some red on that wheel might be.... really crazy? (If only I had the red belts to go along with it)

Anyway, not to question your choice, but are you sure that you want black wheels on a black cab? I think that the cab should be somewhat more of a brighter car, not quite so heavy.

Although I see you are not located near any beaches. But still.
if these wheels ever get here... you will be in for quite a surprise!!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by lakerholic
It indeed was you I referring to... just a gorgeous setup.
Thanks. If it wasn't for the fact that your Lakers keep thumping our Portland TrailBlazers, I'd give you some rep points

Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Thanks. If it wasn't for the fact that your Lakers keep thumping our Portland TrailBlazers, I'd give you some rep points
Understood. Now if the Lakers could just win a game in the Rose Garden!!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
george3 is infamous around these partsgeorge3 is infamous around these parts
Do any of you dealers out there have any real deals on wheels to offer?
Thanks.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned
kensill has a spectacular aura aboutkensill has a spectacular aura about
I have always been partial to 5 spoke wheels, they open the wheel up so you can see the brake assembly... I love the Messina that Donz has...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by george3
Do any of you dealers out there have any real deals on wheels to offer?
Thanks.
See my post on the first page. $4599 with tires, mounted and balanced, with your choice of color finish.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
P40s in textured black..here's my car

close up of wheels

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Suggestions for a Black 997.2 C4S Cab