997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wheel Suggestions for a Black 997.2 C4S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:58 AM
george3 is infamous around these partsgeorge3 is infamous around these parts
Wheel Suggestions for a Black 997.2 C4S Cab

Hi,
I'm looking for wheel suggestions for a triple black 2009 997.2 C4S Cab.
Thanks.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
Ummm - stock wheels painted body color (see avatar)

Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
HRE P40's in brushed finish (see avatar).

Old 08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
We're currently running a super sale on our RS1 Forged wheels. Buy a set and get free tires! Can't beat that. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-vendor-classifieds/180618-6speed-special-rs1-forged-wheels-free-tires.html

Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
We're currently running a super sale on our RS1 Forged wheels. Buy a set and get free tires! Can't beat that. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-vendor-classifieds/180618-6speed-special-rs1-forged-wheels-free-tires.html

Tom,
Please PM me with details on 19's and 20's, both with 245/325. Tnx.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Honestly, you gotta go with silver or brushed HRE P40s... expensive as all get out, but they look amazing on 997s..... someone here has a Black Cab with them on

Old 08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by lakerholic
Honestly, you gotta go with silver or brushed HRE P40s... expensive as all get out, but they look amazing on 997s..... someone here has a Black Cab with them on
I'd love to see them on that car.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
How about a set of HRE P43 gloss black that I have in stock right now with no waiting!! I also have a set of HRE P47's gloss black in stock!

Make you a deal..

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Could you imagine those black RS1 wheels above with a red lip on the car?
That's getting interesting.
I have a triple black C4S (black lobster claws with the silver lip).
Maybe some red on that wheel might be.... really crazy? (If only I had the red belts to go along with it)

Anyway, not to question your choice, but are you sure that you want black wheels on a black cab? I think that the cab should be somewhat more of a brighter car, not quite so heavy.

Although I see you are not located near any beaches. But still.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CMOS
Could you imagine those black RS1 wheels above with a red lip on the car?
That's getting interesting.
I have a triple black C4S (black lobster claws with the silver lip).
Maybe some red on that wheel might be.... really crazy? (If only I had the red belts to go along with it)
You mean like this?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:12 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lakerholic
+1, I think that they will look the best on your car! Very classy.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by george3
I'd love to see them on that car.
Not sure if you're talking about me, but I do have a 997.1 C4S Cab in triple black with HRE P40's in brushed. Here are some pic's. Let me know if you want any more of a close-up shot. I got an incredible trade-in on my Porsche OEM lobster fork wheels from Dan at vividracing. Might want to drop him a PM and tell him I sent you his way.

Also, just my opinion, but I'm not a fan of black wheels on a black car. The wheel just washes out way to much and you don't even see it. Just try to imagine my second picture below with black wheels. You wouldn't even see them.

Attached Images    
Old 08-05-2009, 02:29 PM
AZ911S is infamous around these parts
Not a cab - and not black (but close - basalt) - see avatar

Old 08-05-2009, 03:20 PM
JoeShark,
Nice wheels and I like the GT3 front end.
How did you lower your car.... H&R springs ??

Old 08-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by george3
JoeShark,
Nice wheels and I like the GT3 front end.
How did you lower your car.... H&R springs ??
Thanks. Also, FYI, the rear bumper is a Rinspeed Indy rear bumper.

Car is lowered with TechArt springs. As my car already has PASM, the TechArt springs lowered the car by 15mm. Cars without PASM, the TechArt lowering will be 25mm. The TechArt springs are a little more money than H&R but I had heard from a few on this board (including Alex over at Sharkwerks) that the H&R's tend to sag over time. Also, the H&R's drop the car more than I wanted.

Last edited by JoeShark; 08-05-2009 at 05:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Suggestions for a Black 997.2 C4S Cab