997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

ordering 2010 CS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:59 AM
997SC4 is infamous around these parts
ordering 2010 CS4

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a atlas grey with black leather MY1020 CS4 and would like your input on three options: ajustable sport seats or sport seats? (bucket seats are less comfortable), sun roof: yes or no? (noise) and rear wiper yes or no? car will be a daily driver, aprox. 20.000 miles p/y
Much appreciated!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:20 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 997SC4
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a atlas grey with black leather MY1020 CS4 and would like your input on three options: ajustable sport seats or sport seats? (bucket seats are less comfortable), sun roof: yes or no? (noise) and rear wiper yes or no? car will be a daily driver, aprox. 20.000 miles p/y
Much appreciated!

If it's a dd, then sport adaptives for sure, yes to sunroof (that is if you occasionally like the sun and air over your head-although deleting wouldn't matter either, but it's not a race car) and absolutely no to rear wiper. I think it ruins the lines of the rear of the car. I can't even imagine that it is that puposeful either.

I have not had any noise issues or at least enough that bothered me with a sunroof. However, of the three 911s I've owned, none had over 12,000 miles on them, so I can't comment as to longevity.

Just my opinions, hope they help some.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 AM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
As someone who has Adjustable Sport seats I would only recommend getting them if you have someone else sharing your car (like your wife) otherwise, just get the regular sport seats.

Sun roof = yes for a DD

Rear Wiper = NO WAY!! Ugly and have never thought I wished I had one, rain or snow.

Have fun!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
What they said.

If you're the only driver, once you adjust the seats to your liking, they won't be moved again. Why bother with the power movement then? If the car will be shared with other people, then its nice to have the power seats with memory function.

Sunroof is nice o have. Rear wiper is useless.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Dave in Oregon is infamous around these parts
I would go with the Sport Seats instead of the Adaptives if you will be the primary driver. I would opt for the sun roof as it gives a bit more versatility. When I order my 997, it WILL have rear wiper. It is now built into the rear window and is barely noticeable and is useful when needed as when car is parked in rain or if snow has fallen.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 PM
portmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to behold
NO to the rear wiper! I agree with the others, ruins the lines of the car. That option should be banned in my opinion. I use my car as a dd, and i love having the sunroof, and the sport adaptive seats.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I am one of those that LOVES the rear wiper. It breaks it up nicely and looks european as heck in my opinion...especially on widebody. Matter of fact I have turned down about 15 cars on my CS4 hunt that were perfectly optioned out except they were missing the rear wiper. One was HEAVILY discounted and I couldn't pull the trigger.

Last edited by EricP; 09-13-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Is the question regarding power sport seats versus manual? Or sport adaptive seats versus not? IMHO (as, sadly, I advance in years) is that I never would scrimp on the quality of the seats. I don't need power adjustments, but adaptives would be great, I'd likely even spring for the GT3/CF/folding seats, even though they're exorbitant. Re the sunroof, it's a good thing for a DD unless you're particularly tall. And I happen to agree with EricP that the wiper looks very cool on the widebody.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
KenMarks is infamous around these parts
I have the adaptive sport seats on my '09 C4S. I like them and I do use the adjustments to tighten up the thigh and upper body support as needed. (I usually keep them relaxed.) IMHO, the seats are a great option. I have the rear wiper and I use it in the rain. The rear window is fairly flat and the rain doesn't move off as with a more upright window. The wiper really helps. I have been caught in the rain several times and was glad I have the rear wiper. As for the sunroof, its your choice. I have had my car since May and never used the sunroof.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM
mstams is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KenMarks
I have the adaptive sport seats on my '09 C4S. I like them and I do use the adjustments to tighten up the thigh and upper body support as needed. (I usually keep them relaxed.) IMHO, the seats are a great option. I have the rear wiper and I use it in the rain. The rear window is fairly flat and the rain doesn't move off as with a more upright window. The wiper really helps. I have been caught in the rain several times and was glad I have the rear wiper. As for the sunroof, its your choice. I have had my car since May and never used the sunroof.
Can we some more pics of your car? Looks very nice from your avatar.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mstams
Can we some more pics of your car? Looks very nice from your avatar.
yes, please more pics of that car! I am thinking about ordering a turbo in the new 'dark blue metallic' and getting stone grey/dark grey leather. Yes, mstams, I am 'thinking' about it. and it would be a coupe and it will have pccbs, pdk and those rs wheels! Now, if i can just win the lottery!

PS, 997SC4, atlas gray is a remarkable color!!! You will enjoy it!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
kingalien is infamous around these parts
After sitting in buckets and the sport seats I opted for the adaptive seats on my 09 C2S and love them tremendously. Best decision I made next to buying the car .

Old 09-13-2009, 08:20 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Did I miss something with the 997.2? I thought all C2 and C4 coupes had sunroofs (not an option).

Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Did I miss something with the 997.2? I thought all C2 and C4 coupes had sunroofs (not an option).
I believe in the UK it is a selectable option and does not come standard.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
I believe in the UK it is a selectable option and does not come standard.
Oops. I missed the European connection. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ordering 2010 CS4