997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PSS10 or KW V3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
PSS10 or KW V3

I am planning on installing coilovers soon on my 2008 C2 non PASM. I am torn between these two and would appreciate any insight as to which one is better. My goal is to lower the car (probably to GT3 spec) for looks and into improve overall handling characteristics. I am not buying them for track use though I may begin doing some driving events in the future. Both products come highly recommended. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
afridi is infamous around these parts
If it was me KW if you are doing track work.

Otherwise PSS10s are a good choice for teh street.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
had kw v3 on the viper and damptronics on the c2s.

either one will do you well. just go with the cheaper one.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Do they make PS10's that are NOT Damptronics? I wouldn't recommend the Damptronics model for a non-PASM car. I believe that Bilstein make a PS9 (help me here please) for PASM-challenged cars.
I can't comment on the other brands, but the absence of PASM gives you a lot more choices (e.g. Moton, KW) (PASM cars CAN use non-PASM compatible co's, but you lose the function and have the shut off the warming at the dealer).

Old 08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Verde
Do they make PS10's that are NOT Damptronics? I wouldn't recommend the Damptronics model for a non-PASM car. I believe that Bilstein make a PS9 (help me here please) for PASM-challenged cars.
I can't comment on the other brands, but the absence of PASM gives you a lot more choices (e.g. Moton, KW) (PASM cars CAN use non-PASM compatible co's, but you lose the function and have the shut off the warming at the dealer).
yeah they make a pss10 for the non-pasm cars

Old 08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have the Bilsteins (Damptronics), and love them. If I didn't have PASM, I would get Moton, or KW V's.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:45 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys, I am looking for Coilovers as well. I've got a 2008 C2S, and equipped with PASM (standard in S as you know). The PSS10 is expensive but is it worth the price, what do you suggest?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
Hey guys, I am looking for Coilovers as well. I've got a 2008 C2S, and equipped with PASM (standard in S as you know). The PSS10 is expensive but is it worth the price, what do you suggest?
for the S, the damptronics is the only way to go

Old 08-07-2009, 07:10 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bara
for the S, the damptronics is the only way to go
I know, but they are a little expensive...

Old 08-07-2009, 09:41 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sin911
I know, but they are a little expensive...
Buying the springs and then months later caving in to upgrade to the damptronics is the most expensive . Got to get the best right out of the gate.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
+1. With PASM, the Damptronics are the only way to preserve that functionality (although the dealer can just shut off the warning light and then you can use whatever else you wish). But I wouldn't want to give up PASM - though I'm not sure why.
However, if you're just looking for the lowered 'look', you might be happy long-term with just new springs. If you're not sure, spend the money and go directly to coilovers.
Remember, the installation fee of the springs is about the same (a bit more actually) as the coilovers - about 1/3 to 1/4 of the coilovers themselves. So doing the install is a rather costly error.
Oh, and I assume that you'll be doing sway bars as well? It's like soup and sandwich.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Buying the springs and then months later caving in to upgrade to the damptronics is the most expensive . Got to get the best right out of the gate.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Verde
+1. With PASM, the Damptronics are the only way to preserve that functionality (although the dealer can just shut off the warning light and then you can use whatever else you wish). But I wouldn't want to give up PASM - though I'm not sure why.
However, if you're just looking for the lowered 'look', you might be happy long-term with just new springs. If you're not sure, spend the money and go directly to coilovers.
Remember, the installation fee of the springs is about the same (a bit more actually) as the coilovers - about 1/3 to 1/4 of the coilovers themselves. So doing the install is a rather costly error.
Oh, and I assume that you'll be doing sway bars as well? It's like soup and sandwich.
Interesting that the quoted price for the install of the Coilover was more than the Springs for me...

I do not care for the PASM that much actually, I just want to lower the car and improve the handling... As for the Sway Bars, first I gotta get the Coilovers

BTW I loved your comments on the PDK s. 6 Speed article, you think just like me on the matter

Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Last time I had coilovers installed, they charged me an extra 4 hours labor to corner balance the car. You can't check the weighting or ride height until you mount the wheels and have weight on the car. If it's off, you need to take the wheels off and get into the adjusters. Can take some time. Springs eliminate the hassle. I haven't heard about good shocks to go with some of the good spring sets though. Maybe the only way to get the adjustable PASM shocks is with the coilovers. After having coilovers once and an Eibach spring set with adjustable shock set up once, I would be inclined just to go with springs and shocks. The coilovers are just set them and forget them, unless you really want to tune for track times.