997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

'09 Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:10 PM
sam w is infamous around these parts
'09 Pricing

i have been back and forth about an '09 C4S cab 6speed black with full leather in sand beige/black combo. retail is around $123,000

it is optioned as below: (love all the options)

541 - Seat Ventilation
CDD - Y Trim Strng Wheel Alu. Lk
970 - Bicolor Interior Instructions
431 - 3-Spoke Str Whl Multifctn lthr
24951 - Deviating Carpet
176 - Sports Exhaust System
404 - 19" Turbo Wheel
686 - XM Radio
P15 - Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
672 - Navigation Module for PCM
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
342 - Heated Front Seats
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
870 - Universal Audio Interface

when i inquired in june i was only offered 8% off, what can i realistically expect today? its been sitting at the dealer since may....it will be a cash transaction, no lease or financing

Old 08-07-2009, 03:17 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Last month, more than a few members here got up to 20% off sticker. Not sure now. Location may come into play and since you're looking at a cab, after summer might make a difference. You probably have a better chance of a higher discount since you're looking at a pretty loaded car.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
i'm in no rush but with '10 coming in september i believe the automatic hit for 1 model year should play a significant role. i'm located in long island...

Old 08-07-2009, 10:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sam w
i have been back and forth about an '09 C4S cab 6speed black with full leather in sand beige/black combo. retail is around $123,000

it is optioned as below: (love all the options)

541 - Seat Ventilation
CDD - Y Trim Strng Wheel Alu. Lk
970 - Bicolor Interior Instructions
431 - 3-Spoke Str Whl Multifctn lthr
24951 - Deviating Carpet
176 - Sports Exhaust System
404 - 19" Turbo Wheel
686 - XM Radio
P15 - Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
672 - Navigation Module for PCM
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
342 - Heated Front Seats
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
870 - Universal Audio Interface

when i inquired in june i was only offered 8% off, what can i realistically expect today? its been sitting at the dealer since may....it will be a cash transaction, no lease or financing
It's still early in August and depending on your region , inventory, desireability of the specific car , and the mood of whoever says yes or no to your sale the price can vary .

If you want 20 percent it shows a lot of commitment if you have a check in your hand ready to buy and drive the car that day -- and they still may let you walk . So what . It's you makes the final decision when you write the check.

If you get picky with options or colors and scratch your head too long you can miss the chance . The bottom price negotiating is not for everyone . Some folks figure that at 100K they want the car with every desired option or color.

Determine the "must have" option list rather than allow yourself to fall in love with a specific car in a dealership that they may or may not sell . Unless you are willing to pay more if you love it that much.

Any offer is an offer . Make the one that you feel is the one which would make you happy because ultimately it's you who will own and drive the car for years to come.

Good luck.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:19 AM
we've bought 2 cars from this particular dealer already (cash purchases with minimal discount) and the car i asked about above has been in inventory sitting there for 2 months. my thoughts were 20% as well. thanks for your thoughts.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:52 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I thought there was an indication that dealers were getting $10k to move '09 inventory resulting in the 20% off deals. At this point, '09's are nearly last year's cars and need to move. Guy in my neighborhood got a "dealer" '08 with 4k miles with a $100k MSRP for $80k. Those loaded 4S cabs are really close to turbo territory. I would be thinking hard about a turbo. Others have debated that as well.

If you have the time, best to wait for those month end pushes to move cars. August should be a key month to move those '09's.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sam w
we've bought 2 cars from this particular dealer already (cash purchases with minimal discount) and the car i asked about above has been in inventory sitting there for 2 months. my thoughts were 20% as well. thanks for your thoughts.
20 percent is not an easy deal to get but it is attainable --or at least it was in July . But July sales were so important after June's numbers and the Julu nmbers were a slight up tick .

Either way dealerships DO need to sell cars .. make the offer and see. If you have a two previous car history remind them of that and also let them know that you would be disappointed if you looked elsewhere and found it there .

In short -your finances are not married to any dealership and its up to them to come through for you.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:21 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ryem3
I thought there was an indication that dealers were getting $10k to move '09 inventory resulting in the 20% off deals. At this point, '09's are nearly last year's cars and need to move. Guy in my neighborhood got a "dealer" '08 with 4k miles with a $100k MSRP for $80k. Those loaded 4S cabs are really close to turbo territory. I would be thinking hard about a turbo. Others have debated that as well.

If you have the time, best to wait for those month end pushes to move cars. August should be a key month to move those '09's.
Dealers got the $10k factory money if and only if they took on additional inventory from Porsche. Many dealers chose not to do so.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:56 PM
RH512 is infamous around these parts
I've also been looking at C4S Cabs 6speed. Although a few dealers have up to four, many have one or none. What I've been offered is dealer invoice from three different dealers. I'm told any incentives for cash purchases from PCNA have expired. Good deals on financing and leasing are still out there.

Maybe with check in hand and the end of the month- a bit better deal could be had. My sense is that PDK cars can be had for less but that has not been the context of my discussion.

I have my eye on a few different cars and with time I'm hoping to do better.

Last edited by RH512; 08-08-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:19 PM
wdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the rough
In my area we have an abundance of c4s cabs, and pdk's are selling for more then manuals.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by 911dev
Dealers got the $10k factory money if and only if they took on additional inventory from Porsche. Many dealers chose not to do so.
The ones who did faced selecting cars from a pool and they were hesitant because the car given to them may have had somewhat non desireable options . At this point if there are any cars left there are less of them PLUS July sales were up from June. It would make sense if dealerrships were rejecting the 20 percent deals at this time.

July really was the time . I said it over and over but even on July 30 with one day left I still felt there was time left. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...call-what.html

Now it's anyones guess . No one will ever beat 20 percent so anything from this point is going to be second fiddle.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:21 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I have to agree, Larry. I wish I had waited another month or so, but the car i wanted was available in May. I didn't do too bad, 10%off and the 2.9%. For me, the car will be paid for in 3 years and I will realize the savings just due to the financing deal itself. But, you are right about the 10k off dealers, not many were willing to do the 10k because they would have to take a car from the port. also, some of those 10k deals were on the ruby red launch cab and the not popular colors like cream white, etc.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by JenK
I have to agree, Larry. I wish I had waited another month or so, but the car i wanted was available in May. I didn't do too bad, 10%off and the 2.9%. For me, the car will be paid for in 3 years and I will realize the savings just due to the financing deal itself. But, you are right about the 10k off dealers, not many were willing to do the 10k because they would have to take a car from the port. also, some of those 10k deals were on the ruby red launch cab and the not popular colors like cream white, etc.
Jenk --I see the 07 Turbo prices (used) and cringe . When I bought mine no one even had them and even finding the car was tough.

It's true that the creme and launch cars faced more discounting exposure but in July .. if it was a pool car , or if it was on the lot , then it was fair game for a discount request.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:15 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I know the turbo prices have dropped, but I've read others feel having the dry sump GT1 block turbo will go down as 'the last best Porsche'! Your car is beautiful and one of a kind. should you chose to sell it, it won't go cheap! Of course, I know you don't ever want to sell it!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:56 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Been to every dealer in the NJ/NY area...most think your dripping with cash and start at the 8% to 10%..hell my wife laugh at one of them when he said 9% is the best he can do on an 09...as right next to his desk was a new 08 c4s cab 116k sticker...still there...for 85k...Kind of shows the dealers mind set. I have walked into a few dealers with wire transfer number in hand and they let me walk...this was in July when larry reported the 20% off...CA dealers was willing to deal but you have to be open to not getting everything you want. All the cabs out there have some key options missing...no sports chrono, no xm or ipod...PDK cars are selling better than 6 speeds as the rave reviews of the system are undeniable.

I think Oct we will see another purging attempt of the 09's but it will be the cars on misfit island...Porsche built way too many cars that were not optioned well...one dealer told me they have 10 PDK cars with no sports chrono...good luck with that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '09 Pricing