997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Expensive Mistake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Expensive Mistake

I made a big mistake this morning, after a PCA drive I was given the opportunity to drive Edgemont Village's 997 GT3RS with Sharkwerks bypass (which sounds awesome Alex), and I realized very quickly that the GT3 is the car for me! I have taken my C2S as far as I can, and it will never be one. The GT3 feels lighter, sharper, more precise then my C2S is or ever will be. Oh yeah it even sounds better!

I have decided that I am going to move towards a GT3 (don't know if it will be 997.1 997.1RS or 997.2) but it is not a want, it is a need for me.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
The GT3 bug has bitten it's next victim!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
That´s a good and right desicion for a track addicted like you If money is no problem, 997.2 GT3 is the way to go, it looks terrific and have all the good improvements over the others.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:04 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Don't do this to me.
As you know I think the 2010 Gt3 is the last pure bred Gt1 car.
I debated this greatly and the price deals plus the variety of PDK was the way to go.

As you know I never was really fond of my M3 .

Ok --I'm NOT getting the Gt3 BUT it really would be like a trifecta of 997 cars . Having the thre would be like a grand slam of Porsche ownership .

Not yet.. let the M3 get more miles on it.

Good luck with the car . BTW --if I ever did order a Gt3 I woiuld want it in a off beat color. My first choice was mexico blue. It would be so unique.

Last edited by yrralis1; 08-08-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:06 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
An expensive mistake indeed, but a revelation in itself . Go for it. 997.2 GT3 ftw!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 PM
portmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to beholdportmoody911 is a splendid one to behold
Well I understand, i was fortunate enough to get a ride in EdgmontVillage's GT3 RS last PCA drive event about couple of weeks ago and as a result i have been obsessed with looking for one. I am not ready to make that change now, but if I drove it it would probably put me over the edge. It is definitely thee car to get! By the way, NorthVan, was there a BBC this morning?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:11 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by portmoody911
Well I understand, i was fortunate enough to get a ride in EdgmontVillage's GT3 RS last PCA drive event about couple of weeks ago and as a result i have been obsessed with looking for one. I am not ready to make that change now, but if I drove it it would probably put me over the edge. It is definitely thee car to get! By the way, NorthVan, was there a BBC this morning?
Yes, there was a BBC today, only about 12 cars though.

It was after breakfast that we tried each others cars...I am hooked. I have no business staying with these cars on the track!

Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Don't do this to me.
As you know I think the 2010 Gt3 is the last pure bred Gt1 car.
I debated this greatly and the price deals plus the variety of PDK was the way to go.

As you know I never was really fond of my M3 .

Ok --I'm NOT getting the Gt3 BUT it really would be like a trifecta of 997 cars . Having the thre would be like a grand slam of Porsche ownership .

Not yet.. let the M3 get more miles on it.

Good luck with the car . BTW --if I ever did order a Gt3 I woiuld want it in a off beat color. My first choice was mexico blue. It would be so unique.
I agree 100%, however I would need more garage spaces. I only have two and my Touareg lives on the road no way would I get my wife's car out of the garage.

I am starting the research and planning stage, but if things come together as planned I will have a new toy by the spring.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:24 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Northvan!!!!!

Yeah!!!

Im thinking the same if I can find a buyer for my car

Any takers???

Old 08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
AllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the roughAllanJ is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I am starting the research and planning stage, but if things come together as planned I will have a new toy by the spring.
Very cool! Except you forgot to put the 6-GT3 on the list.

With you getting a new toy I'm going to have to really learn how to drive! Good thing I've got 5 track days booked for Aug.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:12 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
same thing here and difenityly my next 911 is going to be GT3RS.1 or GT3.2

Old 08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I made a big mistake this morning, after a PCA drive I was given the opportunity to drive Edgemont Village's 997 GT3RS with Sharkwerks bypass (which sounds awesome Alex), and I realized very quickly that the GT3 is the car for me! I have taken my C2S as far as I can, and it will never be one. The GT3 feels lighter, sharper, more precise then my C2S is or ever will be. Oh yeah it even sounds better!

I have decided that I am going to move towards a GT3 (don't know if it will be 997.1 997.1RS or 997.2) but it is not a want, it is a need for me.
Good for you Ed!
I look forward to test driving THAT car....that is when you let me,LOL!
Good-luck in your search!

Stacy

Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !

Hehe so glad you liked it seriously a GT3 is a special, special 911. I'm biased, yes, but now that you've got a taste for it you know what to do...

As an FYI, I wrote up a thread last night on my experience thus far with our 997.2 GT3 vs the RS etc...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ght=sharkwerks

Also if you do go with the 997.1 GT3 (which is seriously better value for money right now) and somehow get bored then you can always go bananas too:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ght=sharkwerks

Old 08-08-2009, 06:26 PM
That's what I like about you Alex, always have an exit/improvement strategy!

Going to Thunderhill late September, you should come as well! Bring a few of your toys

Old 08-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
I don't even track and I knew the GT3 would be the car for me...just can't afford it..Good luck on your search...can't wait to see the results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Expensive Mistake