997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Removed the Carrera S and added a "911" Badge...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:32 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
so I bought the S but the 911 is on order, for those that painted the S what type of red paint did you use normal gloss, semi, hi-temp etc..

Old 08-10-2009, 05:46 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
i think i prefer de-badged unless it's a gt2 or gt3. Those models have bragging rights...
why?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:19 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Personal preference I guess. I like clean lines and the mystery of trying to guess what it is. 'Carrera S' etc. just seems too long to me and the lettering too big. It would be better to me if Porsche used three letter model designation for all their cars like 'C2S', but I'd still prefer it blank.

Last edited by ntlgnt1; 08-10-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
IMHO, either debadge it or leave the factory badges on there. coming up with your own badge looks a bit cheesy/dorky.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 PM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bara
IMHO, either debadge it or leave the factory badges on there. coming up with your own badge looks a bit cheesy/dorky.

It's all about personalization. What I don't like for example is when a person puts GT3 on a aero kit fitted C2. The '911' emblem is short and sweet, I think the 'Carrera S' is too long and looks horrible. BTW I just went bought the first red I saw that matched my brakes for painting the 'S'.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
from the dealer can you get other colors besides black for the 911

Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 AM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
from the dealer can you get other colors besides black for the 911
I think they have silver, chrome, and black. 'S' only comes in silver.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:52 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
I think these all look great. I've often contemplated changing out my silver "S" for a red one... I think that would look good against the midnight blue...

Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
hmmmmm not me

Debadge looks a bit like your car is a salvage titled car.......and I know of almost no other emblem on any true sports car that looks as boring and feminine looking as the script written stock emblem...just my opinion. Glad you like yours, but was one of the first things to come off my car after my amber sidemarkers.

But agreed coming up with something too unique is just a bad call....

Originally Posted by Bara

Old 08-13-2009, 10:17 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I like the 911 badge...on someone else's car...but not on mine. Weird, huh?

Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
I like the 911(S) badge. It looks great in black on silver.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 AM
G6OON is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I think I prefer de-badged unless it's a GT2 or GT3. Those models have bragging rights...
Agreed.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Swilliams97 is infamous around these parts
I would stay "as is"

Old 08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
ok the parts came, I painted the "S" and here's the final outcome...Looks good on the atlas color

Old 08-18-2009, 04:16 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
looks good.

I love the pic with the american flag right after the "S"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removed the Carrera S and added a "911" Badge...