997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

TPMS Woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
tedean is infamous around these parts
I too have the exact same issue. 2008 C2S, 7k miles. I change to track wheels w/o the TP sensors. When i switch back to the OEM wheels, the same issue. The manual gives instructions how to reset the system. One is accessed via the Nav screen/Set and Tire Change, and the next is via the column, Set TPM, set for summer tires (or something like that).

I have driven over 100 miles and they have not learned/acknowledged my OEM tires!

I don't know whats up.....

Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tedean
I too have the exact same issue. 2008 C2S, 7k miles. I change to track wheels w/o the TP sensors. When i switch back to the OEM wheels, the same issue. The manual gives instructions how to reset the system. One is accessed via the Nav screen/Set and Tire Change, and the next is via the column, Set TPM, set for summer tires (or something like that).

I have driven over 100 miles and they have not learned/acknowledged my OEM tires!

I don't know whats up.....
Thats pretty much the case here. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Old 09-12-2009, 03:24 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Ok, I think I've fixed the problem (at least for my issue). When I went to start up my car, I got the same warning. I went into the menu and I found out that my TPMS menu showed that it was set for a "full" passenger load. I changed it to the "partial" load option and it gave the "learning" messeage for a bit. After I drove awhile and the "learning" message went away, so did the low pressure warnings.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:09 PM
tedean is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Ok, I think I've fixed the problem (at least for my issue). When I went to start up my car, I got the same warning. I went into the menu and I found out that my TPMS menu showed that it was set for a "full" passenger load. I changed it to the "partial" load option and it gave the "learning" messeage for a bit. After I drove awhile and the "learning" message went away, so did the low pressure warnings.
Was that menu on the column display or the console display?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I vote for bad sensors or the wrong sensors for your model year. You say you checked the wheels for the sensors. By that you mean they dismounted the tires to check the sensors ? You need to check the sensors themselves to make sure they are the correct part number and their actually sending a signal. What if they just put the original Champions back on the car ?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:06 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dadio
I vote for bad sensors or the wrong sensors for your model year. You say you checked the wheels for the sensors. By that you mean they dismounted the tires to check the sensors ? You need to check the sensors themselves to make sure they are the correct part number and their actually sending a signal. What if they just put the original Champions back on the car ?
The original champions lacked the sensor, so putting them on would have no effect.

The tires were not removed to inspect the sensors - it was only verified that they were on the wheel by the fact that the stem was showing. Are there differences between sensor versions that would prohibit one from working with another?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:56 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tedean
Was that menu on the column display or the console display?
Menu on the column display. Same menu as where you can pick between summer and winter tire choice.