997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best rear wing in terms of looks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:07 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
I vote speedArt

Sorry to say this, but I would not put that wing on my car even if they paid me to...

Old 08-21-2009, 08:42 AM
GTSilver997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bara
my personal favorite is GT3 for narrow and GT2 for wide bodies
Agreed. GT3 wing if you have a narrow body. The GT2 or RS wing looks a little disproportioned unless you have a wide body.

However, you’d have to install a GT3 front and rear bumper to balance the look of the wing. Soon after, you’d be called a poseur for trying to imitate the look of a GT3, but minus all the essential hardware…
Just keep it stock. The 997 S is a beautiful shape as is. Personally, I love the fact that it is relatively tame and understated. No offense...Just my 2 cents

Old 08-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
+1 on the TechArt Type III if you want a subtle, fixed spolier that doesn't require other bodywork mods to look right. You'll also never be accused of trying to make your car look like something it isn't.

If you want a whole different look for the S, there's always Porsche's own Aerokit Cup. Similar to a GT3 look but properly designed for the Carrera. Pics below:

Attached Images   
Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
I feel the same way. I have debated on having a 997 Turbo look a like made and selling them. I think a ton of people would buy them! I would.

Originally Posted by DW997s
i vote...997 turbo wing. very understated, classic, but yet also gives the car an aggressive look at the same time. too bad it costs ~10k to retrofit...only if aftermarket tuners had something similar

Old 08-21-2009, 12:49 PM
DW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the rough
Do it! I would definately be first in line. I would imagine it wouldn't cost too much to manufacture if it's non-functional (top top doesn't rise up at speed). I just love that "lip spoiler" look...

Originally Posted by BSB911TT
I feel the same way. I have debated on having a 997 Turbo look a like made and selling them. I think a ton of people would buy them! I would.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I like the look of the GT2 wing if I was going aftermarket:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bug-bites.html
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Smile

Originally Posted by sin911
Sorry to say this, but I would not put that wing on my car even if they paid me to...
What don't you like about it?

Too loud?

Old 08-22-2009, 01:17 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NewSong
I'm thinking of getting a rear wing for my 997S. The GT3 wing looks pretty awesome and I've seen some good reps. What do you guys think of the TechArt wing?
I like both for different reasons . In some way the opposite extremes leave me feeling the same.

1) The gt3 wing -functional. classic , aggressive appearance -and well made . Fitment is great . Nice!!

2) Techart - The type 1 is opposite in many ways . It's understated yet retains the cars lines . It adds a distinct customized appearance and if the entire package (including front and side skirts) is installed it will enhance the cars stability and handling performance .Extremely well made .

3) The Speedart is also nice enough to get honorable mention and I coild probably list more but will stop at three.

It boils down to what you specifically are looking for with the car in terms of function and appearance . It's not a decision that someone can make for you .

My only advice is that if you have doubts wait until you've made up yoir mind .

The ONLY negative that i can think of with any of these aero kits is if the car is in a collision the repair isn't cheap and with it being an aftermarket (or add on OEM) exposed part it opens another dimension to an insurance repair claim .

Otherwise .. it's all good.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:05 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NewSong
What don't you like about it?

Too loud?
I wouldn't call it 'loud', it's more like screaming it's lungs out!

The body kit is a little too much for a Porsche... Looks like the car is from frickin' The Fast & The Furious! I know SpeedArt makes reputable products, and I usually like it (like the new 997.2 bodykit). But this is waaaaaayyyy too much, I think it completely destroys the classic Porsche design

Old 12-30-2009, 05:38 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I know for most it's probably too small, but I am pretty sure that I'm going to go with the TechArt I. Everyone is different and I think the larger ones do in fact look like Fast & Furious (but of course better b/c it's a Porsche). I just would rather be a bit more subdued.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Ducktail!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
I vote speedArt

No.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
Four options I like:

1.- 997 GT3RS
2.- 997.2 GT3
3.- 997 Turbo
4.- Vorsteiner V-GT

Old 12-30-2009, 06:43 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
I vote speedArt

sorry matt but that wing is awkward and inefficient and those rear vents look like a reject from the KIA design house.

anyway, different strokes

Old 12-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
GT3 CUP!!!!! but seriously, I would go OEM gt3 or aero package. Anything OEM will give you the absolute best of fitments.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best rear wing in terms of looks?