997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Should I supercharge my c2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:03 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Should I supercharge my c2?

Im on the fence... I want more speed from my car and I LOVE it so I dont really want to sell it, plus the market is shot right now so its probably not worth selling it, but I definitely need more power! What do I do?...

Old 08-23-2009, 10:52 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
All depends on you/your wallet,LOL!

I am loving mine right now...with the extra effort/fine tuning to my VF kit...this thing is REALLY starting to come alive...!

Everytime I make a small change in the tuning it runs better and better!
I just wish the dyno I originally used wasn't booked solid for 4 months so I could prove the results!
One thing I have learnt over the last 20 years of building cars is YOU really CAN'T feel a 25 HP gain by the seat of your pants!!
So when I tell you my 'BUTT dyno' says this car has picked up power and alot of it,and one day will prove it with a dyno sheet,believe me!!!
I am so stoked right now!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 08-23-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Yes..... and then let me test drive it

Jason

Old 08-24-2009, 03:31 AM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
From several posts I´ve been reading regarding this subject, there´s not one only available SC kit that is bug free from stock. All of them have small problems like poor fiting, and fine tuning. Owners always have to come back to store in order to solve some anoying problems, which I believe to take out some of the enjoyment and ownership pleasure for those who opt for SC.
You got to know there are some risks while going for SC, and drive it according to those risks. As long as you aware of all this bugs and be prepared to face it, SC or TC it defintively the best option to boost the power of these engines, you´ll feel big difference in power.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:03 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Loved my 06 VF/ EVOMS supercharged 911 but the timing and price was right for me to move to an 09 Turbo and mod it to 650+ HP the 3rd day after purchase. The SC was well worth the cost if you want to keep your 911

Old 08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
Loved my 06 VF/ EVOMS supercharged 911 but the timing and price was right for me to move to an 09 Turbo and mod it to 650+ HP the 3rd day after purchase. The SC was well worth the cost if you want to keep your 911
aha hahah i feel like I am going to do the same!

Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
Im on the fence... I want more speed from my car and I LOVE it so I dont really want to sell it, plus the market is shot right now so its probably not worth selling it, but I definitely need more power! What do I do?...
As soon as my car will be off warranty it will get SC installed for sure. That is what any C2 is destined for.
You should definitely take advantage of 3.6l engine high revving abilities and durability.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by J.Seven
From several posts I´ve been reading regarding this subject, there´s not one only available SC kit that is bug free from stock. All of them have small problems like poor fiting, and fine tuning. Owners always have to come back to store in order to solve some anoying problems, which I believe to take out some of the enjoyment and ownership pleasure for those who opt for SC.
You got to know there are some risks while going for SC, and drive it according to those risks. As long as you aware of all this bugs and be prepared to face it, SC or TC it defintively the best option to boost the power of these engines, you´ll feel big difference in power.
Please do understand I LEAVE nothing alone! If there is a way to modify it...I WILL!
Plenty of people here can vouch for me on that statement!

But there are alot of the kits out there THAT are trouble free so when you say it needs this or that or constant tweaking....I disagree!
I think you get a reputable shop to do it and there should be NO problems!
There are plenty of cars on this forum that have more than 50,000had boosted miles...with no problems!

Heck I installed my own and I am definately NOT a mechanic...up until this car I have never done any power mods myself!

But I do agree every mod has its risks/compromise!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 08-24-2009 at 08:54 AM.