997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

where to mount fire extinguisher?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:23 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by utkinpol
What I am trying to understand is if that Brey Krause mount is bolted in permanently or removable. do you keep it there permanently in front of your seat? Does it get in the way when you get in/out of the car?

Could you please show picture of this mount itself without extinguisher on it?

The mount is attached 'permanently' (w/ bolts) to the seat. I leave the F.E. attached all the time. Since the picture in my previous reply was taken I've reversed the F.E. so the 'nozzle/handle' is inboard. It can get in the way but you 'learn' to avoid it when getting in or out. Once seated it's no problem since your legs are above it.

Here's a link to Brey Krause : http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r2035.php

Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AP 997S
The mount is attached 'permanently' (w/ bolts) to the seat. I leave the F.E. attached all the time. Since the picture in my previous reply was taken I've reversed the F.E. so the 'nozzle/handle' is inboard. It can get in the way but you 'learn' to avoid it when getting in or out. Once seated it's no problem since your legs are above it.

Here's a link to Brey Krause : http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r2035.php
Yeah, thanks. I see. It is a daily driver for me, I really would prefer to have a removable solution if such one does exists. Will keep looking...

Old 08-28-2009, 12:04 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, thanks. I see. It is a daily driver for me, I really would prefer to have a removable solution if such one does exists. Will keep looking...
I've done a lot of research into the FE, for the sport bucket seats at least, and haven't yet come across a removable system. You may be looking at a custom fab, which could potentially be pricey.

As an aside, I think carrying a FE with you at all times is an excellent idea, and do in all my cars. You never know when you're going to come across someone else who needs it, and save a life or two.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Well, it is in 'interior' section here. They do not elaborate to whom it applies but note that novice drivers may get one time only exception if they do not have it.

http://www.porschenet.com/JCMS/content/view/53/47/
I've been to 5-6 DE's with two clubs in the NE region and have never been asked for a fire ext in the novice group.

My belief is that it depends on the club running event and the requirements of the insurance provider for the event.

Nothing wrong with getting one nonetheless.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Permanent mount is not obtrusive at all. Doesn't impeded ingress or egress.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
BTW, I have a (passenger side) tunnel mount extinguisher on my Ford GT. Safecraft makes it. It's really out of the way unless you need it. Someone (Alex??) should make one for the P-Car. It would be a nice alternative to the seat mount.
(pix if you're interested)