997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Exhaust Comparisons / Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Check out the Fabspeed Dual Tone Maxflo muffler system we have avialable. The system allows you to go from medium sound to sporty sound by changing out the the inlet pipes with the provided quick release V Band clamps, making it an easy and fast transformation. The System sounds nice and sporty but not too aggressive and this in Loud/Sport mode. We also have our Side muffler bypass pipes which are more aggressive sounding and recommended to be used with the stock primary muffler unless you really want to go loud. The X Pipe Primary muffler bypass really makes a difference in power and sound when joined with our Maxflo mufflers because they will compliment each other.
PM or email me if you have any questions. Videos are below of each setup.

Quiet Version 2ndary Mufflers with X Pipe Primary Bypass and Air Intake: http://vimeo.com/2698010

Sport Version 2ndary Mufflers with X Pipe Primary Bypass, Air Intake and EVOMS ECU Tune:
http://vimeo.com/5978493

2ndary Muffler Bypass and Air Intake: http://vimeo.com/2279533

2ndary Muffler Bypass, Primary Muffler Bypass and Air Intake: http://vimeo.com/2410878
Alex, thanks for the info in your post. I have seen most of it on your Website but what I haven't seen is a video/audio of just your new Maxflo Dual Tone Muffler (either with or without your X-Pipe) in the Loud/Sport set-up. The link above for "Sport Version 2ndary Mufflers" includes the X-Pipe/Cold Air Intake/EVOMS ECU tune/headers and 200 cell cats - your "full up" performance package. It does sound great, but what I am looking for is a simple "CAT Back" package for the best possible sound (and price!) and I can't really evaluate what your Maxflo mufflers sound like in the Loud/Sport mode because I think this set-up has too many other sources (like the headers and CATs) helping create that sound. Any chance that you can do another video/audio and a dyno run using only the Maxflo Mufflers (Sport/Loud mode) and the X-Pipe? I think there are a lot of us out here with 997.2's who are looking primarily for a much better/louder exhaust sound (hopefully with HP/Torque gains!) and want to stay with a simple "Cat Back" set-up for now. Any chance you can do a set-up that way? Thanks.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bonerwall
Alex, thanks for the info in your post. I have seen most of it on your Website but what I haven't seen is a video/audio of just your new Maxflo Dual Tone Muffler (either with or without your X-Pipe) in the Loud/Sport set-up. The link above for "Sport Version 2ndary Mufflers" includes the X-Pipe/Cold Air Intake/EVOMS ECU tune/headers and 200 cell cats - your "full up" performance package. It does sound great, but what I am looking for is a simple "CAT Back" package for the best possible sound (and price!) and I can't really evaluate what your Maxflo mufflers sound like in the Loud/Sport mode because I think this set-up has too many other sources (like the headers and CATs) helping create that sound. Any chance that you can do another video/audio and a dyno run using only the Maxflo Mufflers (Sport/Loud mode) and the X-Pipe? I think there are a lot of us out here with 997.2's who are looking primarily for a much better/louder exhaust sound (hopefully with HP/Torque gains!) and want to stay with a simple "Cat Back" set-up for now. Any chance you can do a set-up that way? Thanks.
I just spoke to someone on the forum and they asked for the same thing and I am going to have it done before the end of the week. I understand what you mean and it makes sense, I didnt even know that we didnt do a video with only the Maxflo muffler on Loud with the X Pipe Primary bypass pipe. I will post a video as soon as we get that done. Thanks for feedback and recommendation.