997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Going to dealer need help on price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 AM
ragdoll is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pigcorn
Before I go to the dealer my mind is torn between 2 cars with same colors and same options.

2008 (new) potentially 72k (this is the car I am going to see now at my local dealer)

2009 (used with 3k miles) deep discount to 79k so maybe assume a few thousand off of that ? (this car is 4 hours away from me in Boston. It is CPO'd until 2015. It is PDK though, I am not sure I can live with that :-(

Thanks guys I am going now I will let you know!
That's a lot to spend on a car you don't like everything about. Wait for a nonPDK?

Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Before I go to the dealer my mind is torn between 2 cars with same colors and same options.

2008 (new) potentially 72k (this is the car I am going to see now at my local dealer)

2009 (used with 3k miles) deep discount to 79k so maybe assume a few thousand off of that ? (this car is 4 hours away from me in Boston. It is CPO'd until 2015. It is PDK though, I am not sure I can live with that :-(
Ah, the dreaded to PDK or not to PDK dilemma. I went through this same issue except I didn't have them quite so close in price. Ultimately I went 6speed. I did this for 3 reasons: 1) I've had first year technology cars in the past and didn't have great success with them. The 997.2 Porsches had too many changes for me to be comfortable with first year. 2) Price was better on 08's and they're tried and true technology. 3) I don't think this will be my last Porsche, so PDK can be considered on my next one. Ideally, there is a C4S PDK Cab in my wife's future , then we'll have the best of both worlds.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 AM
pigcorn is infamous around these parts
Retuned from the dealer and here is the update. The cars warranty started in June 08. It is "new" in that it only has 3 miles on it but the car battery died after 2+secs of seeing that.They are willing to do 75k with CPO.They said they could still do 1.9%I walked away to think. Thoughts???

Old 08-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Retuned from the dealer and here is the update. The cars warranty started in June 08. It is "new" in that it only has 3 miles on it but the car battery died after 2+secs of seeing that.They are willing to do 75k with CPO.They said they could still do 1.9%I walked away to think. Thoughts???
In my opinion, it's a good deal!

Old 08-29-2009, 11:17 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
You did the right thing to walk away and think it through. The car is not going anywhere so take your time and make them sweat it out.

I assume since it's never been titled that it is considered a 'demo' car. Mine was a similar situation but I got lucky on the warranty. Here is how the demo warranty works in case they didn't explain it thoroughly. When the dealer declares a car a 'demo' the Factory gives them a 6 month warranty on the car. If they do not sell the car in that 6 months, then the 4 year warranty period begins. If they sell before the 6 months is up, then the customer gets the full 4 years (as was the case in mine). So, the June 08 date you mention could mean either the 6 months ended then and the 4 year began ticking away or it could mean the 6 months started then, in which case the 4 year began ticking away Jan 09.

In either case, they can't move the car so play hardball with them and don't do anything you're not comfortable with. Only buy what you really want. There are always opportunities.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:26 AM
As for the price, my guess is if you say $72k with CPO final offer, they will most likely call you on Monday and offer to meet you half way at $73,500.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes warranty kicked in June 30 2008 and expires June 30 2012..the CPO as you know adds 2 years so June 30 2014.

Well they already called me back and said they could move a bit. So I think if I go for it at 72-72kk firm with CPO and the 1.9% its a great deal. Remember this is an "S" and I think if I was looking at 09's even with the discounts I would be $7-10k more....hmmm

Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
75K for a punched 08 is too high . There are forum members who paid in the 60's for a similar car . Plus 75 is too close to 09 pricing. Get a new car at these levels .

I read ahead and see they called you back . Smart move . It also shows how desperate they are to sell the car . They have to break 70 and even with that I feel the 09 really is the way to go . as soon as you drive that 08 off it's nearly a 2 year old car. Trade it in on Monday and they would offer in the 50's wholesale.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
There are forum members who paid in the 60's for a similar car
I generally agree with Larry, but I don't think this statement is true. This is an untitled car with 3 miles on it and a CPO warranty. Plus, you would not be able to get 1.9% on a pre-titled car. The financing alone will net you $4k over a high 60k used at 5%.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I called them and said 72k with CPO and we have a deal. The 1.9 makes a lot of difference and finding a 09 S mac\tan in my area that would come close to 72k would be tough

Old 08-29-2009, 12:33 PM
I called them and said 72k with CPO and we have a deal. The 1.9 makes a lot of difference and finding a 09 S mac\tan in my area that would come close to 72k would be tough
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You got a good deal IMO. Finding a comparable '08 with that kind of warranty for less than 68K would be tough. Plus, you have the peace of mind of knowing EXACTLY how it was driven.

Enjoy the ride and post pics when you can!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
You got a good deal. You may have been able to save a couple thousand but you got the car you wanted. In the end it's almost insignificant.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I generally agree with Larry, but I don't think this statement is true. This is an untitled car with 3 miles on it and a CPO warranty. Plus, you would not be able to get 1.9% on a pre-titled car. The financing alone will net you $4k over a high 60k used at 5%.
True it is untitled . However a "punched" car does have less warranty time . Since his began on June 08 then it already does have over one year less wararnty despite its lack of owner .

However -he really wanted Macadamia .
He loves the car .
That in itself makes for huge Congrats to him with his new car.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:24 PM
So it was a long day and in the end I have no car.

The 08 CS (Macadamia Brown) I offered 72k with CPO. They called back after offering 75k\CPO and asked me to come in again to talk but they are a 40min drive and I assume "come in" means they can't do 72k and I could not make it there before they closed.

I then went to another P dealer that is 10miles away and looked at an 09 Midnight Blue S same options as the 08 I was looking at but with a $99735 window sticker. Dealer offered it for $82,000 BUT without the 1.9 APR. He said dealers cannot do both 18-20% off + the APR.

While mac brown is my first choice and mid blue is my 2nd, I like the 09 a lot and the extra $$ may be worth it. Not sure. I have not ruled either out

Last edited by pigcorn; 08-29-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:34 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
Why not just get a base 09' which in my opinion is a better option than an 08S. plus the 09 has extra goodies like standard bi xenon lights front and rear instead of it being a 1200 option on the 08's and in addition the base 09 has the upgraded brakes from the 08S not to mention XM radio is available as well and the audo interface is FAR superior to the 08'. I agree with Larry, the 09' is the way to go,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to dealer need help on price