997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Motorsports Collection , FVD , and Evoms get a perfect 10 .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
If you decide on it I think Softronic is best possible option as you can always revert to stock if you`ll ever need go to dealer for service.

Never go to dealer with modded ECU - it will be noticed by PIWIS system right away as new one does that check at any connection and you will automatically loose your powertrain warranty.
Thats a very bold statement considering most dealers in Southern Florida provide ECU upgrades as option for their clients within their Motorsports / Service departments

Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 AM
AZ911S is infamous around these parts
Wink

Originally Posted by yrralis1
More pics

Beautiful car Larry! Can't help but notice the car matching the house EXACTLY! Is this a new trend?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Thats a very bold statement considering most dealers in Southern Florida provide ECU upgrades as option for their clients within their Motorsports / Service departments
From what I understand it is not dealers who will decide if blown engine is getting covered by warranty or not.

Also from what I do now - in state of MA all service managers I spoke to confirmed that ECU alterations do mean automatic cancellation of powertrain warranty when it comes to engine failure analysis.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
utkinpol,

We also offer a full revert to stock on Bosch Control Units with our flashload cable. The 997.2 is a Siemens unit and must be taken out of the vehicle for programming.

What is of greatest interest to Porsche dealers using the PIWIS tester is the advancement of programming operations or counters. Even our tuning software does not advance the counter’s as seen on the dealer PWIS tester in the DME C.U. under vehicle data. This is also true when the file is flashed back to stock with our software as the number is also not advanced. Some vehicle recall campaigns require a reprogram of the ECU performed at the dealer using the stock MAP files stored in the PWIS tester. This reprogram advances the counter one digit and is only an indication of the number of times the programming has been overwritten. The counter gives no indication as to whether it was a tuner or a dealer who performed the last programming operation and is not all that Porsche would look at to see if an ECU has been modified by a tuner. Even though the number of programming operations hasn’t changed, anytime there is a warranty claim submitted to Porsche for an engine or emissions fault (Check Engine Light), a vehicle analysis log is generated and submitted for review with the claim. This is an extended read out of the DME, all faults stored in the control unit as well as detailed information about the ECU. All Porsche has to do is dig a little deeper under the surface of the DME and look at certain values in the coding to tell if it has been modified. It just depends on how deep they want to dig to find what they need. We do ensure whatever programming we extract gets put back bit by bit exactly as if programmed at the factory.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
utkinpol,

We also offer a full revert to stock on Bosch Control Units with our flashload cable. The 997.2 is a Siemens unit and must be taken out of the vehicle for programming.
It just depends on how deep they want to dig to find what they need. We do ensure whatever programming we extract gets put back bit by bit exactly as if programmed at the factory.

Thanks,
Rhonda
It was suggested on RennTech that new PIWIS systems also perform CRC sum checks of DME code content. It was also plenty responses on web from people who had their warranty forfeit due to ECU flash.

So you do essentially guarantee that your stock replacement files are coming up with same exact CRC sums as stock ones? Good to know if it is so.

I wish it would be more information available on this topic. Most of info out there is from different vendors claiming superiority of their own products but practically no one goes deep enough to explain inner mechanics of all this.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Utkinpol,

PM Sent, don't want to take anything away from the fact that Larry is happy with his tune.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-31-2009, 07:53 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Larry,

I am thrilled that you like the exhaust. Glad that you are enjoying it and that your girlfriend can to. Your car is beautiful!!

By the way those muffler's that you are running were custom ordered from our manufacturer, we felt that the Euro version were going to be too quiet so we ordered them at 95 dB for you. We wanted to give you the best of both worlds.

It was great working with Rich at the collection and thanks for the kind words on the service...

Rhonda
It is am amazing exhaust. It gives a great exhaust note when stepped on yet when the car is driven inside my gf's corporate garage it won't scream look at me . It's the ideal blend of performance , desired sound, and daily driving civility . It really is "the best of both worlds".

Old 08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by J.Seven
Congrats Larry, I was looking forward to hear what you have to say about this mods. It´s good to know that you´re 100% satiefied .
Would like to hear a driving report as soon as you get more miles with the mods, specilay the ECU tune and exhaust. I was a bit skeptic about power upgrades on these DFI engines, because I think Porsche as left no room left for any power gains.
The combination of a world class exhaust and tune mated with a suspension completely change the car . I haven't filmed the car too much --just a cold start and one fly by to hear the outside sound in motion. If you's like just PM me an e mail address and I can send it . I don't have youtube.