997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pimp My Calipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Originally Posted by anthony
The term "poser" really should be reserved for those who rebadge the car as something it isn't.
As an S owner, I agree. I have no issue with a non-S owner painting their calipers. Painted calipers look so much better.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM
RandyP is infamous around these partsRandyP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by anthony
Why so harsh with those C2 owners who want red calipers because they look better than black? You'll never see anyone on here called a poser for putting GT3 bumpers on their C2/C2S. Same standard should apply to "upgrading" caliper color IMO. The term "poser" really should be reserved for those who rebadge the car as something it isn't.
I totally agree and can't wait to paint my boring black calipers yellow, to compliment my red car. And from what I've read on this thread, doing it myself sounds like a smart way of making it happen. Didn't think it could be that easy, professional-looking, and durable.

Before I go grab the spray paint though, has anyone actually seen yellow calipers on a Guards Red cab?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:50 PM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RandyP
I totally agree and can't wait to paint my boring black calipers yellow, to compliment my red car. And from what I've read on this thread, doing it myself sounds like a smart way of making it happen. Didn't think it could be that easy, professional-looking, and durable.

Before I go grab the spray paint though, has anyone actually seen yellow calipers on a Guards Red cab?
I've seen yellow calipers on a guards red Boxster. It's a friends car, and I feel bad saying it, but IMHO, it looks a little Ronald McDonald. I personally would go with red or silver calipers on a red car.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 PM
RandyP is infamous around these partsRandyP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boxtaboy
I've seen yellow calipers on a guards red Boxster. It's a friends car, and I feel bad saying it, but IMHO, it looks a little Ronald McDonald. I personally would go with red or silver calipers on a red car.
LOL! Do you think the black wheels may be contributing to the McDonald's look though? Think yellow calipers would look better with the standard Carrera IV wheels?

Old 08-29-2009, 07:58 PM
ragdoll is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Very nice work!! I enjoy seeing people doing things types of projects themselves. Does the yellow paint mean you have carbon brakes now

Old 08-29-2009, 10:26 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
be a man, paint em pink!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:13 AM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
However painting black calipers re or yellow to make them appear to be the bigger brake packages is totally pouser stuff in my eyes.
Actually, on the current 997 models, the brakes are exactly the same size & specs between the base and S models...the only difference is the color in which they paint them. Black anodized, IMO is just not as nice looking as the red painted ones they put on the S, even though they are technically the same brakes, so I say paint em any color you like.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Plus 1 on the the G2 kit - having seen this done on several different cars, the G2 kit is pretty amazing. the results are impressive, and much, much easier than going through the hassle of removing your calipers and sending them out for powder coating, especially if you aren't that handy.

As for the poseur aspect, give me a break. To each his own, and in this case, the red and yellow calipers look so fantastic, I can't see the issue. Especially when you can order a number of different colors from the factory on what is essentially the same caliper

Go forth, paint your calipers and enjoy.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Jetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the roughJetpilot is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gundo
Plus 1 on the the G2 kit - having seen this done on several different cars, the G2 kit is pretty amazing. the results are impressive, and much, much easier than going through the hassle of removing your calipers and sending them out for powder coating, especially if you aren't that handy.

As for the poseur aspect, give me a break. To each his own, and in this case, the red and yellow calipers look so fantastic, I can't see the issue. Especially when you can order a number of different colors from the factory on what is essentially the same caliper

Go forth, paint your calipers and enjoy.

Totally agree - I painted mine because they faded to silver!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jetpilot
Totally agree - I painted mine because they faded to silver!
I have same issue right now on front calipers - unequal shade of fading. Looks unattractive.

It probably would be a good idea to get some non-traditional color to push mdrums sort of people off, like pink or aquamarine. But, in the end common sense prevailed and I got red G2 as well. Next weekend I`ll get to it, it will be a nice little project to do.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
^^^post pic please

Old 08-30-2009, 12:57 PM
C.Plavan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cattman
I've seen some cool colors done, too. What I don't care for is a non-S getting red, or Yellow, as that seems to be like trying to pretend you have the bigger or the ceramic brakes. Poser stuff if you ask me.CATTMAN
Coming from someone with a OEM GT3 bumper on his car....that is not a GT3... What is the difference?

Paint those calipers boys!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
What's the best way of going about getting my calipers painted? I'd rather not have to send them in or take the whole car to the shop and have to wait. What I thought would be my weekend car is now my daily (as in all day) driver and I'm afraid I would go into convulsions if I had to be without it that long. Reckon a company out there would do an exchange or something like that?
It's a Porsche have it done right by a professional,I had them painted and clear coated.Looks great i will send pictures later

Old 09-01-2009, 01:38 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
What's the best way of going about getting my calipers painted? I'd rather not have to send them in or take the whole car to the shop and have to wait. What I thought would be my weekend car is now my daily (as in all day) driver and I'm afraid I would go into convulsions if I had to be without it that long. Reckon a company out there would do an exchange or something like that?
Here are the pictures

Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LarryP
Here are the pictures
Very nice. Price was in area of $100 per caliper I guess?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pimp My Calipers