997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

throttle body question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
throttle body question

when I was installing plenum yesterday and took off throttle body I noticed that its door was not completely closed - it had like 1/2 mm gap, if gently pushed it would close completely but then would return into this barely open position. Is it really how it is supposed to be?

For some reason I supposed that throttle door should be completely closed if no voltage applied to throttle body, was I wrong?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
It needs to be a bit open for enough air to idle?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Didn't your Mom tell you to not go pushing on things that shouldn't be pushed.

Idle air is the answer

Old 08-30-2009, 09:06 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gundo
Didn't your Mom tell you to not go pushing on things that shouldn't be pushed.

Idle air is the answer
I`m a one of a curious type.

I was cleaning it, actually, it had a bit of residue on its mirror surface so I got it shiny clean again with a it of wd40 and paper towel. That`s when I noticed that gap. Well, good to know, anyway.

I wonder when people were saying here about installing 'bigger' throttle body - intake size of plenum is comstant, naturally, size of incoming pipe from airbox is also set and cannot be increased - what is actually bigger then? Internal size of opening in throttle body seemed to me to be almost exactly same as plenum intake diameter. Is that internal 'bigger' throttle body diameter actually bigger than stock? If yes - who sells it?