997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need color help - CS4 order, October build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Need color help - CS4 order, October build

Guys,

I am an 08 M3 and 09 X5 diesel owner about to pull the trigger on a new CS4 daily driver. (this week)

I never thought that my indecision about color would delay this process so much. With the M3 (which I ordered) Alpine white was the only real choice for my tastes. With the 997 I can visualize many great combinations.

On the initial short list were Cream White, Atlas Grey, Black, and the two silvers.

I need to see photos of a 997 in two configurations before I pull the trigger. If there is a color combo thread which I missed I apologize. Here they are:

- GT Silver with Natural
- Arctic Silver with Natural

I really want something that has a modern-retro flair. I thought the cream was retro and some of the silver and gray cars with carrera red interior look like old Merc gullwings. Truly stunning, but I can't quite be THAT exotic. The Merc below is the effect I am going for. Which silver would be better? - still open to cream white pics as well.

Thanks in advance - I'm really enjoying this forum.

Last edited by EricP; 08-31-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 AM
RandyP is infamous around these partsRandyP is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your soon-to-be-new ride! Personally I love the cream color. I think Cream White with any of the available interior colors is a sweet combination, especially the Cocoa leather.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I agree on the Cream. It's still on the list. Can't do cocoa, but Cream with natural or black would be nice.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
If you go silver, go GT. And yeah, I'm biased

Old 08-31-2009, 12:43 PM
porschestrabe is infamous around these parts
GT silver with nat brown -- great combo!!

Cream was not as great as I had hoped when I saw it IRL.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:10 PM
philcr2800 is infamous around these parts
Today I've sen a car that I would never have thought of ordering but was absolutely stunning. It was a Targa 4, Macadamia Brown with natural brown inside. I was bowled over.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Road Cone is infamous around these parts
Mexico Blue!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:32 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Saw a cream cab in person. Not a good color at all. Way to soft and looked like it belonged more on a Lexus SC going to the country club. Maybe better on a coupe but I know I couldn't do it.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
RandyP is infamous around these partsRandyP is infamous around these parts
I'm guilty too. I've asked a couple times for opinions on color and I've concluded it's a lesson in futility. The reason you see so many colors of cars going down the road is because so many people like so many colors.

Other than inquiring about color for resale purposes, the answer should always be (as it has often been stated here), "Go with whatever you like."

Old 08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
GT silver is gorgeous . It looks great with natural grey interior (dark almost looks black) . Also the terracotta looks classic with Gt siilver . Sea blue is another choice and is one of the few colors that happens to look amazing with carbon fiber.

I am not a fan of creme white . I'd rather not describe what it looks like.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
GT Silver with Cocoa or
GT Silver with Sea Blue

Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
that merc look can be done with GT silver - it is a complicated silver with much more depth than artic silver.

interior - don't try matching the merc!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Have you considered the 2 tone tan/black interior? It provides a nice contrast to what would be a very beige interior. You could go with deviating black carpet that would keep the wells looking tidier. Just a thought.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
299moto is infamous around these parts
GT all the way. Truly have to see it in person to appreciate.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Yes, the more I see Macadamia Metallic with natural the more I like it. It has that retro thing going...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need color help - CS4 order, October build