997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I'm Official! 3rd Porsche - 1st 911.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Nthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to behold
I'm Official! 3rd Porsche - 1st 911.

First, let me thank everyone on the forum for providing great insight and for developing a community that [for the most part] is free from egos and negative personalities. Also, a special thanks to Larry and Jim for their support through my search.

Second, I'm proud to say that after owning a Cayenne and a Cayman S, I am a very proud owner of a 2007 C4S. Although I had been looking for a cab based on the wife's direction, this coupe came along (local to me) that not only was in great shape but it had many of the mods I was planning on doing anyway...it was too good to walk away from. The DME showed ignitions in only stages 1 & 2 and I was able to get it CPO'd (the 4 rotors they replaced paid for the CPO itself).

Mods already completed: X51 air intake; AWE tips and pedals; GT3 steering wheel; carbon bits everywhere; clear markers; painted wheels.

Mods to come: Red belts; iPod integration; ???

Here's a few (quick) pictures that I took -
I'll take more after I clean up the drool.

Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats and enjoy it!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Congrats from RS1

Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice, I really like the painted Sport Design Wheels.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
welcome to the 911 fold...now, cut up your credit cards and give your wallet to your wife..

Old 09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Congrats, is a special moment to own the 1st 911! After that you just can't leave the family

Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Welcome to the party. Looks fantastic.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Nthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys! I'm thrilled to be part of the family.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Looks really good.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:21 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Jim
Congrats! As you know I think it was a great move! Now dont park it as much as I do I am sure if you need help modding, I have the perfect garage to do it in and with some help Dude do something with that avatar

Jim

Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Wow -- The black C4S is a beautiful car. Congrats . I am so glad you found "the one" .

Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and enjoy it

Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Nice carbon center console...

Old 09-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations. So having owned both the Cayman and the Carrera, how would you compare the two?
(You didn't think you'd get endless congratulations without a homework assignment or two, did you?)

Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Verde
Congratulations. So having owned both the Cayman and the Carrera, how would you compare the two?
(You didn't think you'd get endless congratulations without a homework assignment or two, did you?)
Funny. Although I've only put 50 miles on the C4S since I picked it up I've noticed a few things -
  • The Cayman S is a GREAT car. It's light, nimble, and can be pushed hard without any fear that it's going to bite you. I loved the Cayman - it was great around town, great at high speeds (150+), and I just felt "connected" to it.
  • I always wanted a 911 and when I was looking (back at the end of '05) I couldn't afford a new 997 and didn't love the 996. The Cayman was a perfect fit.
  • The C4S feels heavier - more of a GT car as compared to the Cayman. It has AMAZING grip. Although I haven't pushed it hard yet, the grip is it's standout quality to me right now. I love the sound, the feel, and my butt-dyno loves the increased torque that the 911 has over the Cayman.
  • I also like that I can put the family in it (my daughter is 5 and the rear seats are a perfect fit for her) and head out in our "fun car".
  • I owned an E46 M3 and thought that was a great car as well but the 997 is much smoother and outside of available space, is a MUCH better car.
I think both the Cayman and 911 are great cars. I know there are those out there that bash the Cayman/Boxster as the "poor man's Porsche" and that it doesn't stack up to the 911 but I don't buy into that. They're two different cars - both are extraordinarily good at what they do but it's an apples to oranges comparison (I equate that comparison to the M3 vs 540i Sport that I had...both great but two different approaches).

Verde - BTW, I love your alcantara...you will push me to do more in my car.

Thanks for all of the best wishes. You guys are great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm Official! 3rd Porsche - 1st 911.