997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best wheels for white 997.2 C2S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor
D2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to all
Every white Porsche owner that I encounter while driving this car loves it. I'd vote for the VS5's in Satin Silver........not that I'm BIASED or anything! lol

Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 PM
RandyP is infamous around these partsRandyP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Both the P40 and P43 look stunning . I also like the brushed finish on the white car . It has this hand made texture that I prefer above all the rest . Plus it gives the car a clean look . If opting for an aerokit the competition series also would be my first pick (again brushed) .

I don't like black wheels . In my opinion it looks like the car has brake dust , makes a new car look used, and gives a german car this urban style commonly in some of the ghetto cruisers .Regardless of price I feel it looks flea market . I know many will disagree but my opinion is what it (and that is the title of the thread).

Worst of all .. I think black wheels will eventually phase out and those who are now 30 years old might have the next generation mocking them as "my dad's old man style black wheels ..so bling .. ha ha " just as many might mock the more traditional wheels .
Bingo. 'Nuff said.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Koby is infamous around these parts
thanks everyone for they replys and pics! all the combos look great and frankly dont think there is a bad choice!

i agree that the white/black may only be a trend but then i only plan to keep this car for 2-3 years only..

think i'm sold on the matte black P40s... so guess its time to start searching!

thanks everyone who sent me PMs... i'm unable to reply for the moment, i'm too much of a newb on the board and dont have PM rights yet... will contact you once i'm freed...

also in case anyone is interested, i have a set of carrera sport wheels painted in black...

Old 09-05-2009, 09:59 AM
persiangodfatha -

emailed you a reply...

Old 09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
thanks again for everyone's input... i've decided on matte black P40s now so time to do some shopping for best deals!

will post pictures once i have them fitted... stayed tuned...

Old 09-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
black 20" P40 are nice, not too many of them in HK!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 AM
G6OON is infamous around these parts

Old 09-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Just picked up a new (Old Dealer Stock) 08' C2S and was going to go with OEM black GT3 Wheels.

-Troy

Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
Forgive me, but I just don't get the black wheel deal.
To my aging eyes, they just take away from the natural beauty of the car, like looking into a black hole. Makes a car look like a cheepo wannabe Nascar or ghetomobile.

Recently I saw a really nice 9974S in a showroom with black wheels, and instantly crossed it off the list.......yes I know they could have been easilly changed out, but that was my instant gut reaction. If you do go non-oem, keep the oem for re-sale.

I'm dating myself here, but I remember when you saw black wheels, it was because your hubcaps were stolen. I guess there is such proliferation of wheel design/availability, it's hard to get differentiation!

Rant=off

Old 09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
HRE CF40 black powder code

Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 PM
hi talkinghead - i hear and get what you are saying... think the black wheel thing is merely a trend right now... whether it stays or goes its hard to say but right now i think its a nice combination. not trying to be nascar nor getyo, just something different from the box-stock.. all trends have its day and following... color, wheel style (chrome, rim lips, etc) all come and go. good thing about changing wheels is that the car can be reverted back to OEM pretty easily...

thanks anyways for the input!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 PM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Koby
hi talkinghead - i hear and get what you are saying... think the black wheel thing is merely a trend right now... whether it stays or goes its hard to say but right now i think its a nice combination. not trying to be nascar nor getyo, just something different from the box-stock.. all trends have its day and following... color, wheel style (chrome, rim lips, etc) all come and go. good thing about changing wheels is that the car can be reverted back to OEM pretty easily...

thanks anyways for the input!
Please dont take it personally, just a comment on the trend.

Now the Fuchs

are pretty cool, imho.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:19 PM
no problem at all... not taken personally and i really mean it when i said appreciate the input!

and yes agree the fuchs are really cool!