997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

305 vs 295

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:25 PM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 08-911-C4S
Hey montreal911,
I found this short review on the Nitto Invo tires on a Cayman project.
http://www.tunerzine.com/view_articl...d-w-dpe-wheels

Thanks for the info !

Old 09-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
305 vs 295

Hey man. I recently switched to 305 from 295, from Michelin PS2 to Nitto Invo. First thing, these tires have SO MUCH more grip, and SO MUCH more predictable at the threshhold, I can push them further with MUCH more confidence. I don't track the car with these tires, but I have done a few VERY spirited drives with them, off-ramps, off-camber esses.

Anyway, to answer your original question, I definitely think the extra width has helped grip, especially around turns. Biggest problem now is, I feel that the notorious porsche understeer has been exxagerated with the extra width in the rear. I would recommend also going to a 245 tire in the front to balance the staggered fitment and neutralize some of the extra understeer. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by montreal911
Hi guys,

I'm curious to what you guys think about putting 305/30/19 in the back instead of 295/30/19. DO you think it would be negative in any way? I kinda liked the idea of having something a little wider.

My other question is has anyone tried the Nitto Invo tire?

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Diablo79
Hey man. I recently switched to 305 from 295, from Michelin PS2 to Nitto Invo. First thing, these tires have SO MUCH more grip, and SO MUCH more predictable at the threshhold, I can push them further with MUCH more confidence. I don't track the car with these tires, but I have done a few VERY spirited drives with them, off-ramps, off-camber esses.

Anyway, to answer your original question, I definitely think the extra width has helped grip, especially around turns. Biggest problem now is, I feel that the notorious porsche understeer has been exxagerated with the extra width in the rear. I would recommend also going to a 245 tire in the front to balance the staggered fitment and neutralize some of the extra understeer. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the great info. Yes that famous understeer..... I also sometimes feel the car wobelling alot when taking corners at high speeds.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Diablo79

Who sells those nitto invo`s - i looked at tirerack but got nothing in search results?

Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Who sells those nitto invo`s - i looked at tirerack but got nothing in search results?

www.Discounttiredirect.com

Dave

Old 09-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Site Sponsor
AndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to behold
We also sell Nitto Invos at great pricing, let me know what sizes you need.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
Invo's

You can always check discounttiredirect.com. They have great pricing, and that's where I ordered mine from!

Originally Posted by AndreWB
We also sell Nitto Invos at great pricing, let me know what sizes you need.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM
PorscheUSA is infamous around these parts
New tires

I am shopping for new tires for NB Carrera Sport Wheels: front 235/35/19 and rear 305/30/19. My original thought was to go with the OEM Michelin PS2. But, the price is so much higher (sometime almost double) than other brands that I am reconsidering.

Has anyone tried other tires for the above size? Why such a big price difference? Do PS2 last longer?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheUSA
I am shopping for new tires for NB Carrera Sport Wheels: front 235/35/19 and rear 305/30/19. My original thought was to go with the OEM Michelin PS2. But, the price is so much higher (sometime almost double) than other brands that I am reconsidering.

Has anyone tried other tires for the above size? Why such a big price difference? Do PS2 last longer?

Thanks in advance for advice.
PS2 are the best. I would not compromise for my primary tires but to burn those PS2 down on auto-x is outright stupid. You can smell your money burning after each run.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
PorscheUSA is infamous around these parts
PS2 are the best. I would not compromise for my primary tires but to burn those PS2 down on auto-x is outright stupid. You can smell your money burning after each run.
A different perspective is that for higher performance driving on track or auto-x, the better tire will perform better. And for tamer street driving, perhaps it's not worth using the most expensive tires?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Vegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to behold
I have those tire sizes on my C4. I switched from the OEM PS2's to the Bridgestone RE50A's, and absolutely love them. Amazing grip and I think I saved over $600 vs. the Michelin's. Still more than the Nitto's, but I wanted to stay within Porsche spec, just in case.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
How's the noise level on those things? I think the PS2's are great, but I keep thinking about trying something else.

Originally Posted by Vegas
I have those tire sizes on my C4. I switched from the OEM PS2's to the Bridgestone RE50A's, and absolutely love them. Amazing grip and I think I saved over $600 vs. the Michelin's. Still more than the Nitto's, but I wanted to stay within Porsche spec, just in case.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheUSA
A different perspective is that for higher performance driving on track or auto-x, the better tire will perform better. And for tamer street driving, perhaps it's not worth using the most expensive tires?
'Better' on street is not same as better on track. Best bang per buck tire for auto-x as I understand from Nitto line is Nitto NT-01 and it is not something I would put on permanently for street driving.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:07 AM
DaveC is infamous around these parts
An all season radial has to be formulated w/ a compound that does not require high temps for best performance and has a tread design that will shed water effectively to delay aquaplaning. High performance tires suitable for track use typically have compounds that adhere better w/ increasing temp and may have little or no tread (slicks). Wet pavement performance is often not a strong suit for our Porsche specific tires.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
305/30 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

Hi Guys (and Girls)

I just bought a 911S Cab and need new tires - got the original Michelin Pilot Sports that are done.

I am thinking about following the recommendation of this thread of going with 305/30s and found Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 "Extreme Performane Tires (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes) with pretty good reviews at great prices (Front $184/Rear $320).
They are probably pretty bad in snow, cold weather and rain, but living in Vegas eliminates that problem.

Do you guys have any thoughts/experience with those tires?

Tks a lot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 305 vs 295