997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

iPOD upgrade to 2005 997 / PCM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
iPOD upgrade to 2005 997 / PCM

Has anyone integrated a 'functional' iPOD interface to the PCM (2005 997 S)? (Functional meaning that you can navigate songs in folders, playlists, etc, while ipod is docked and recharges.) If so, which kit? how did you do it?

I don't want to connect to the AUX through the headphone jack output on the ipod.

Regards,

-Mike

Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
I got the itronic device, I like it you can go through playlists and songs through the pcm. The i pod cable that connects to the box can be placed anywhere you like, I have mine in the little space between the bottom of the dash and the carpet near the pedals

Old 09-10-2009, 05:59 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mshanler
Has anyone integrated a 'functional' iPOD interface to the PCM (2005 997 S)? (Functional meaning that you can navigate songs in folders, playlists, etc, while ipod is docked and recharges.) If so, which kit? how did you do it?

I don't want to connect to the AUX through the headphone jack output on the ipod.

Regards,

-Mike
Not sure how do you want to navigate. I have mobridge and like it.
It also allows a mode in which you can select what to play from iPod itself using its own controls - this is the only way to have that original way navigation.

PCM restricts severely way to navigate and I think it applies to any unit you could use but it is still functional enough.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
I got the itronic device, I like it you can go through playlists and songs through the pcm. The i pod cable that connects to the box can be placed anywhere you like, I have mine in the little space between the bottom of the dash and the carpet near the pedals
Neat. I just checked the itronics link (InCarTronics), and saw this BT+IPOD package. Is this what you purchased? And did you self install?

iTronic BT + iPod (powered by mObridge) for Porsche $849

http://www.incartronics.com/Porsche.html

Old 10-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey, Utkinpol...I just noticed that you are in Mass, too. Also, which Mobridge unit was it? Did you install the mobridge yourself?...or have a local car audio outfit do it?

-Mike

Originally Posted by utkinpol
Not sure how do you want to navigate. I have mobridge and like it.
It also allows a mode in which you can select what to play from iPod itself using its own controls - this is the only way to have that original way navigation.

PCM restricts severely way to navigate and I think it applies to any unit you could use but it is still functional enough.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:10 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Dension from Bumper Plugs (sponsor) - under $500.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 AM
ReillyS is infamous around these parts
Mobridge unit is has the best UI I have installed all of them and it is the clear choice. There BT is built by parrot and works great even at Highway speed

Old 10-17-2009, 07:54 PM
stormeister is infamous around these parts
Another vote for mObridge. I have the Bluetooth and iPod one in my 07 TT. Audio quality is good on both the iPod and handsfree.

If you have a lot of music on your iPod (I have >12,000 songs) navigating can be painful - best to set up some playlists.

Stormeister