997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is Aqua Blue that bad?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 AM
lethalsleeper is infamous around these parts
actually I rarely see the aqua blue on the road

Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 AM
B R A N D X® is infamous around these parts
That's a fantastic color and really rare in my area. The shot with the P-40's is killing me.

However, if you enjoy driving and not just being seen in a Posrche, do not, under any circumstances, buy a PDK car without Sports Chrono Plus. if you do, you'll regret it.........I know.......been there, done that, got the lighter savings account to prove it!

Why SCP is even an option with PDK is beyond me; I mean you're already paying $4K for the tranny.......come on Porsche.....throw in the SCP with PDK for God's sake! It's called a "bundled option"!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTSilver997
Yep, aqua blue looks great to me. I promised myself that my next 911 will be either Blue or Red.
I agree...and I might consider yellow also.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:42 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a Targa with with a 2 tome tan/black interior that looked really sharp. This Porsche blue is great looking.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:43 PM
RUFLUV is infamous around these parts
The aqua TT with P40's is beautiful!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by B R A N D X®
That's a fantastic color and really rare in my area. The shot with the P-40's is killing me.

However, if you enjoy driving and not just being seen in a Posrche, do not, under any circumstances, buy a PDK car without Sports Chrono Plus. if you do, you'll regret it.........I know.......been there, done that, got the lighter savings account to prove it!
So does sports chrono do anything special with PDK versus the 6 speed manual?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 PM
mrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond repute
Obie1: yes sport chrono enables PDK's launch control and the sport chrono plus engine and shift timings (someone else can probably explain that better than me)

Also, I agree with the others Aqua Blue is fantastic looking to me.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:44 PM
KneeMan123 is infamous around these parts
Aqua blue is beautiful and unique... I'll post my C2S aqua blue w/ lowered pasm sport and TT wheels tomorrow after wash...

I still believe that black, when clean and waxed, is best... its just a pain to keep clean

Old 09-12-2009, 08:00 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I like aqua, but cobalt and lapis have my heart!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 PM
GT3 RED is infamous around these parts
The aqua blue with the P40's is sweet, very nice indeed

Old 09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
B R A N D X® is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Obie1
So does sports chrono do anything special with PDK versus the 6 speed manual?
Launch control is part of the Sports Chrono Plus package, but is more of a neat gimmick and something fun to play around with a few times before getting bored with it than anything necessary, but the change to the shift speed and shift points with Sports Chrono Plus engaged is, IMO, essential to getting the most out of the PDK system.

For one thing, without SCP, you basically *have* to drive in manual mode with the shift buttons or push/pull center console shifter controling what gear you are in or the transmission will assume you are trying to drive as efficiently (mpg) as possible and change you up to 7th gear by the time you hit about 47 mph.

I owned a non-Sports Chrono Plus PDK C2 for 6 months before trading in for a manual transmission C2S and they were 6 of the longest months of my life while I tried to convince myself I hadn't made an $85K car purchase error.

I prefer the 6 speed manual regardless, but might have been much happier with the PDK car if it had had the SCP option.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned
Edgy01 is infamous around these parts
You just can't see too many blue Porsches. The Aqua is a very nice color, much like the Cobalt from the earlier 997.1 cars. But they should be equipped with PCCBs for that color contrast between the blue and yellow! It worked well for me, and I didn't even plan it that way when I ordered my car.

Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
Edgy01- your car is absolutely beautiful.