997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tow Hook License Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zignasty
I also live in a state where it is required and was tired of getting pulled over for no front plate. This is the way to go. The GOMINIGO bolt is made of stainless steel where some of the other similar products are aluminum or less durable material. I can't say enough good things about the GMG product!

Cheers!
Zignasty
What's wrong with an aluminum post? It's light and just as sturdy. JCS' product is well designed and well priced - it just works.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:52 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
JCS' product is well designed and well priced - it just works.
And it survived just fine multiple cone hits just fine so far with me going about 5K rpm at 2nd gear.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Zignasty is infamous around these parts
Don't know much about the JCS product. Never seen one in use. I have heard that the aluminum can have problems (break) over time. Going strictly off of my experience. I know you get what you pay for!

Cheers!
Zignasty

Old 10-16-2009, 02:00 AM
schwartzwest is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RH512
I'm told there isn't enough clearance for the Swift. Here's another idea from Skene Design, that seems like it could be good. I have the all metal tow hook model from Larry at moweraxle.com
Does anyone have a pic of the skene design one on their car? preferrably in the lower position. I live in a province which rquires a front plate, and while I don't want one, I also don't want to attract the local constabulary and the resulting tickets! This seems like a nice (centered) and clean solution!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:36 AM
grease is infamous around these parts
Made one after ticketed in West Texas

Originally Posted by xbar
Anyone using one of these? Sooner or later, I'm going to be ticketed for not having a license plate on my front bumper, so might as well save myself the trouble.

2nd one looks like it's beefier and better constructed.
I'd appreciate any feedback from people that have used these.

Thanks.
We drove out to Mesa Verde NP in Colorado right before Labor Day with another couple. Got pulled over on IH10 near Sonoma by DPS. Trooper was walking back to his car after ticketing someone and saw me drive by with my '09 driving lights on and no front license plate. Ticket cost $198. and spoiled an otherwise uneventful and wonderful trip with friends and Porsches.

I immediately decided to turn off the LED driving lights (!!) - which could not create more attention to the empty spot on my front bumper unless they were flashing arrows...

Upon return to Austin, I made a license plate holder to fit in the tow hook recepticle. Plan to keep in my trunk ready to go and will claim that license plate was taken off for cleaning and was forgotten to be replaced - will replace on spot in front of officer.

BTW - the tow hook threads are non-standard they are 8TPI but metric diameter.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:56 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by xbar
Anyone using one of these? Sooner or later, I'm going to be ticketed for not having a license plate on my front bumper, so might as well save myself the trouble.

http://www.gominigo.com/NHLPB-Porsche.html

http://www.moweraxle.com/licenseplatebrackets.html

2nd one looks like it's beefier and better constructed.
I'd appreciate any feedback from people that have used these.

Thanks.
Moweraxle is the best, Had it on mine and it is built to last, won't bend at high speeds. The others that are plastic will bend and the screws that are used to secure the plate will hit your bumper constantly.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: embedded link to commercial non sponsor