997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tow Hook License Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
xbar is infamous around these parts
Tow Hook License Plate Holder

Anyone using one of these? Sooner or later, I'm going to be ticketed for not having a license plate on my front bumper, so might as well save myself the trouble.

http://www.gominigo.com/NHLPB-Porsche.html

http://www.moweraxle.com/licenseplatebrackets.html

2nd one looks like it's beefier and better constructed.
I'd appreciate any feedback from people that have used these.

Thanks.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM
porshah is infamous around these parts
I have the gominigo unit. Great. Would do it again.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
JCS hooked me up with mine. Nice billet aluminum and has done the job so far. Under $40 - much cheaper than the $80+ alternatives that look to be the exact same thing.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
JCS hooked me up with mine. Nice billet aluminum and has done the job so far. Under $40 - much cheaper than the $80+ alternatives that look to be the exact same thing.
Sorry - not familiar with JCS... are they one of the sponsors?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
No, he is just a member. You can PM him at JCS. He'll send you pics and fill in details. Sorry, don't have any pics of it on my car.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
No, he is just a member. You can PM him at JCS. He'll send you pics and fill in details. Sorry, don't have any pics of it on my car.
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I have the moweraxle piece. For two cars. Very well built. Likely more durable than the lower priced/plastic one but since it's only a backup (in case I am pulled over), if I were to do it again, I'd go with the alternative.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCS
Hi , thank you for your interest in the front plate mount .
If you need further info, you can contact me at :

stumberger_r@msn.com

Rolf
I have Rolf`s plate holder on my car and it is great. Just my 2c.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:45 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Motorized plate holder

Would http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=2049&products_id=3922&osCsi d=23402d1ca596188c161965ff58ab4b35
work for you?

The video of this holder seems neat-they also have a manual version of the holder.

Just a thought.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: embedded link to commercial non sponsor
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM
RH512 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Would work for you?

The video of this holder seems neat-they also have a manual version of the holder.

Just a thought.
I'm told there isn't enough clearance for the Swift. Here's another idea from Skene Design, http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.htm that seems like it could be good. I have the all metal tow hook model from Larry at moweraxle.com

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
xbar,

I just installed the Moweraxle unit last week. It is a very well built tow hook unit, and Larry at Moweraxle was easy to work with.

Highly recommended. I'll try to snap a few photos and post them later today.

Mike

Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
JCS all the way!! Great service, Great product!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Would this work for you?

Just a thought.

Saw this as well. Not a big fan, only because it seems like it would break easily - at least compared to... a threaded bolt... ha.

Besides, I would never have the plate up with this setup, which defeats the purpose of getting a plate mount, which was to avoid getting pulled over/getting ticketed while parked in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by phlevin
I'm told there isn't enough clearance for the Swift. Here's another idea from Skene Design, that seems like it could be good. I have the all metal tow hook model from Larry at moweraxle.com

This looks great. Nice option if you must have your plate centered. Not sure about drilling a hole on my bumper from such an awkward angle though...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-25-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: embedded link to commercial non sponsor
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Have Larry's Moweraxle unit. Can't ask for a better fit!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tow Hook License Plate Holder