997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GIAC Chip + IPD Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:02 PM
mondego is infamous around these parts
I had the GIAC chip and some performance headers installed. There is definitely a difference in driving performance. I wouldn't say it's discernibly faster however.

There does seem to be more midrange torque, however it feels slower at higher RPMs. This could be because the power comes on sooner, so it just feels slower at high revs as a result. There used to be that "wind up" sensation once going over 5K+ RPMs that's not there anymore.

I have mixed feelings for the time being. I'll drive it around tonight and probably have a better idea of whether I like it or not.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tejoe
(By the way, Ryem3, the shop flushed my brakes for $50 since the wheels were already off.)
Cool. Can you really believe my dealer wanted $350 The stealer, indeed.

Last edited by ryem3; 09-18-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Unless you have not tried it then stop bashing it, that's all.

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Art, once again your in the middle of a thread...lost! If you would take a few moments and read the posts, you will see that all I did was direct people to a very long depate about the RSS Plenum. I know your freinds with Mike at RSS, but don't let your friendship cloud the reality that the thread reveals. I have never tried the RSS Plenum, and was very close to jumping on board with it, until the results of that thread came out. So if you have something positive to provide let's hear it.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mondego
I had the GIAC chip and some performance headers installed. There is definitely a difference in driving performance. I wouldn't say it's discernibly faster however.

There does seem to be more midrange torque, however it feels slower at higher RPMs. This could be because the power comes on sooner, so it just feels slower at high revs as a result. There used to be that "wind up" sensation once going over 5K+ RPMs that's not there anymore.

I have mixed feelings for the time being. I'll drive it around tonight and probably have a better idea of whether I like it or not.
Problem here is that you made 2 mods at the same time. Best to change one variable at a time when trying to figure out what is going on and why.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thank you for all the compliments especially "You are lost" and "Grow up". This is not a fight just a discussion unless you are taking it personally. You have said a lot of Negative things about this product in the past or would you like to be reminded if we start posting all the old threads. Again, my time is valuable as yours is. Do me a favor erase my thread's link here since it's related to twin turbo applications not NA engines.

Have a great day without "Calling you names" There is a respect level in life but then again it's genetically derived.

Art,

You really are lost! I haven't bashed the Plenum! I am simply advising people which threads to read.

I really don't get what your problem is with me, you leave negative rep points in a totally unrelated thread, and then tell me that it is because I am bashing the Plenum, and to take it like a man! yet your weren't man enough to leave your name with the negative rep...WTF?

I am not going to fight with someone like you, you obviously have a bias towards the people at RSS and that is fine, but I have no issues with them. Perhaps the next time I direct someone to the https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ss-plenum.html when they ask for feedback on these mods, you can actually chime in and say "I disagree with the results, I have seen these work, and it is working wonders on my B9R project..." This is a public forum, and you have your opinion and others have there's, but why get on someone for a difference of opinions? That is the whole point of these forums.

Have a nice day, and hopefully when you grow up we can agree to disagree and maybe one day agree on another topic.

BTW, cool B9R Project that you are working on! (for those that haven't seen it https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ction-bbi.html)

Old 09-18-2009, 02:55 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Thank you for all the compliments especially "You are lost" and "Grow up". This is not a fight just a discussion unless you are taking it personally. You have said a lot of Negative things about this product in the past or would you like to be reminded if we start posting all the old threads. Again, my time is valuable as yours is. Do me a favor erase my thread's link here since it's related to twin turbo applications not NA engines.

Have a great day without "Calling you names" There is a respect level in life but then again it's genetically derived.
Art, the starting and posting in any thread on this or any forum is public domain, you don't own it, if the administrators or moderators feel that it doesn't belong here then I am sure it will be deleted, but I certainly won't. Why do you feel that people in the 997 forum should be allowed over to the 996 Turbo forum? People on this forum are generally interested in all cars, and a number of the people that frequent this forum often go to other forums. I for one spend time on the GT3 forum, and the Cayenne forum, do they get to see the thread you started? GT3's have the same block and Cayenne's have turbo's (well some of them do, so only the turbo guys can look at it). I guess it would upset you if I went over to "your" thread and made a post, after all I don't have a turbo!

Go through my threads, find the ones that I posted negative comments towards the Plenum, if I think that they unwarranted or incorrect, I will step up and admit that I was wrong, it would be taking it like a man, wouldn't it!

Have a nice day Art!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Northvan, you bashed this product in the past and the whole community knows about it. It's about time to admit, forgive, and forget. Life is simple, I even left you a +Rep point today for being a man and discussing an issue. As for you going on my thread and saying you left a + Rep point "Absolutely Untrue" Appreciate the nice comments though

Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Guys,

It's great to disagree ............ however without name calling. When name calling starts one thing leads to another. No infractions or warnings were issued.

On another note, it is great and helpful to talk negative about a product providing you have some backup and the backup isn't just your opinion.

If you have any questions, PM me. Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by cjv; 09-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:11 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Honestly, I would go with Softronics. I had it on my 07 Carrera S and there was a difference. Also there has been good reports with EvomsiT software too. The cool thing about Softronics is it is custom tuned for you mod set up and you install it yourself. If you ever want to go back to stock setting you can do that too.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Honestly, I would go with Softronics. I had it on my 07 Carrera S and there was a difference. Also there has been good reports with EvomsiT software too. The cool thing about Softronics is it is custom tuned for you mod set up and you install it yourself. If you ever want to go back to stock setting you can do that too.
I asked them if any intake/exhaust change would require custom tune and was told - no, basic file accommodates any change in airflow dynamics. I wonder how, but that was what I was told.

What do you know about this subject - what specific set of mods requires new custom tune file from Softronics?

NorthVan may have his own opinion, as usual, but I stay on same ground as before - on my base C2 car with no sport chrono this flash was a best investment so far - it changed the way how car reacts and runs.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Thank you Chad for stepping in and letting some people know their rights

Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
You both guys are quite ridiculous braking those spears over one silly piece of extremely overpriced pipe.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:36 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
You both guys are quite ridiculous braking those spears over one silly piece of extremely overpriced pipe.
You are getting into something that you don't know anything about, careful he doesn't play nice!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes thanks Chad!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:42 PM
You are getting into something that you don't know anything about, careful he doesn't play nice!
Heck with it, who cares?

Any stupid mod does something. Aerodynamically whether you believe or not IPD plenum is superior to stock part, it is better made, looks nice and enough about it, really. It is in same area as EVO intake - may be it improves overall power in some circumstances, may be in most - does not improve that much but definitely does not make anything worse.

I have it and do not regret it. Get one too and start praising it for the sake of your $800 spent on it, just be like everybody else, after all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC Chip + IPD Plenum