997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Suspension advice needed: coilovers or springs???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spudz5
I do not track the car but may eventually begin in the future. Nothing crazy just some novice driving events.
Thanks
If you do not track your car you do not need to replace stock suspension.

It is not something that gets done just for looks or out of curiosity. Keep car as it is until you`ll know yourself what exactly is it you need to change in your suspension and why.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:36 PM
vrnkc is infamous around these parts
Vote for Eibach

I installed Eibach lowering springs on my base 997. Did not notice any difference in the ride quality over the stock set up. Lowered one inch--looks nice at this height. Even at this height , I have to be very careful at every driveway, dips , etc. Therefore, I would not lower more than one inch. Also, the technical writers for Excellence and Roundel magazine said that lowering one inch will not harm the shocks / suspension. Note, the parts department at my local Porsche dealer said that the stock shock are very solid---they have rarely had anyone need replacement shocks! So, I am comfortable that my Eibachs will not cause any problems. $353 out the door price too!