997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hate driving towards P-cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stevepow
In Atlanta, the worst problem seems to be people just don't pay attention to what they are doing - I wish they did realize I was driving a Porsche or that they would at least realize I existed.

The other evening on the way to a PCA social, two cars, nearly back to back, made a left right in front of us - and the guy 1 car length and in the right lane ahead of me that blew his horn at both of them probably had to go home and change his shorts - I know they must have been within a couple feet of his car.

A few weeks ago some other moron in an SUV just pulled into my lane obviously having no idea what a side view mirror is for (hers were plenty large) - I almost had to run up on the curb to avoid getting hit. And she has no clue what she has done.

Cell phones , long work days, too much going on, and selfish thoughtless behavior - rush hour traffic is just nuts here. Jealousy or Porsche envy - no - that would take at least some consideration that other drivers even exist.

Oh shiite, thats everywhere. People are still texting and driving with their little Chihuahua on their lap sippiing a Starbuck Latte.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
didnt think i'd ever hear the words "truck nutz" on a porsche forum

Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Oh shiite, thats everywhere. People are still texting and driving with their little Chihuahua on their lap sippiing a Starbuck Latte.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a cell phone jammer - illegal, but I don't think enforcement is high on anyone's list. Of course the putz on the phone would probably become even more distracted trying to recover their lost call.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:13 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
I'm seriously thinking of buying a cell phone jammer - illegal, but I don't think enforcement is high on anyone's list. Of course the putz on the phone would probably become even more distracted trying to recover their lost call.

I thought the same thing recently. It would be fun, in addition, get a K/Ka band emitter to make those a-holes think the cops are nearby... Just setup a frequency you know it's your emitter and you'll know its not the police (unless they use the same frequency, then you're in deep s***).

Here it was the first time that I saw (besides the cell phone, large soda, sandwich, magazine, movie, dog, cigarette)as source of distraction putting make up on. This particular whale almost hit me by passing trough the right while I was passing on the left...

Old 09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
In Atlanta, the worst problem seems to be people just don't pay attention to what they are doing - I wish they did realize I was driving a Porsche or that they would at least realize I existed.
I lived in ATL (Buckhead) from 2000 to 2003. That city seemed to like its cars a lot. Plenty of hi-end autos about. A P-car would fit right in and most people would cheer it on, I think. The restaurants had parking lots and would always valet the nicer cars up front.

Now I live in DC. You don't find that so much here. In a big contrast to ATL, most of the close-in residential housing doesn't have garages, so people just park their POS on the street and scrape the ice off in the winter mornings.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by camhabib
+ 1x10^1000

Here in NE, trucks don't mind the sports cars at all. The only people you get problems from are the 3-series and M3 driving crowd who think that just because they managed to get a BMW, they have complete dominion and right to the road, and anyone driving a minivan. I'm not sure what it is about minivan drivers, but male and female alike, they are among the most reckless on the road (speeding, passing illegally, tailgating, etc).
hahahhaa sooo soo tru about the minivans! they are nuts!!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shuffles
I've had the opposite experience to some on this post. Yes, get the occasional M3 or Scion that wants to show off, but people seem to give me space. And can't get a ticket in this car if my life depended on it (just knocked on wood). Have no problem hitting 100mph on the highway every chance I get, so not sure what gives. Not that I'm complaining!
I agree with your comment. For me, it's usually a Mustang that wants to race or a tricked out Integra- but mostly people give you the utmost respect in a P-Car here in the OC. There are always A-Holes but for the most part people are very respectful. I sometimes get a whole car load of Kids with their Dad's giving me the Thumbs Up, sometimes it downright emabaraasing and it catches me off guard, but it is very nice.

Lots of other P-Cars around here so hardly a rare car- but respected nonetheless.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
I agree with your comment. For me, it's usually a Mustang that wants to race or a tricked out Integra- but mostly people give you the utmost respect in a P-Car here in the OC. There are always A-Holes but for the most part people are very respectful. I sometimes get a whole car load of Kids with their Dad's giving me the Thumbs Up, sometimes it downright emabaraasing and it catches me off guard, but it is very nice.

Lots of other P-Cars around here so hardly a rare car- but respected nonetheless.

There was a twin turbo Helion Mustang SVT that wanted to race. I didn't do it, the thing had to have near 700rwhp. Mustangs are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.
Dave

Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
In the Seattle area, it seems that some of the young ricers just don't feel they can survive unless they pass me on the road. (yawn)....as if going 75 in a 60 actually proves anything.

That said, I tend to be more apprehensive about people who tailgate the Porsche. If they do that when I'm driving my Ranger -- well, good luck with that....as the vehicle is "disposable." But I'd prefer they stay away from the Porsche...especially as I make sure not to just cruise the left lane, etc. (Given umarked police cars, I'm actually thrilled to have someone tear past me at a "stupid" speed to clear out any cops ahead.)
The RF-5B was a sweet sweet plane! Of course you are dating yourself a little bit. My dad flew F-4's and F-8's.......

Jason

Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 PM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
I have had pretty good experiences in Dallas. When driving on the street, 99% of the time it is like a grandma, and I make sure not to back up traffic behind me if traveling in the left lane. I also have pretty dark tint so maybe they assume it is a grandma driving

Old 09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Had some guys in a PU slow down and admire my car with a thumbs up. We were along side later @ a traffic light and talking. The driver asked if I had Nitrous when he saw my Moton Canisters. Then the obvious question how fast is it. Most times I don't notice much hate, just lousy driving in general. As for the hanging ***** in FL, the legislature wasted days arguing about them finally banning them. Thankfully it probably kept them from raising taxes higher as time ran out.

Peter

Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Every once in awhile if you are lucky you may even see one of these trucks with a hitch that hangs two steel ***** resembling ********* and for some reason they need those ***** on their truck to reveal to everyone who truly low class they are .
It doesn't matter that some of those trucks cost over 50K because all that money can not buy class .
This is classy:

Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
In NJ the biggest AS*H@LE,s are the BMW 3 series drivers. When I am in my truck its BMW payback.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 PM
alicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond repute
I have been surprised how many 'thumbs up' signs I have gotten in the 911 here in OH.
I was driving the Mondial one night and pulled out from a right on red. All of a sudden, I noticed lights in my mirror. My first reaction was to step on the gas - I thought I had pulled out in front of someone. When he treid to keep up , I realized that he wanted to race. So I could have let him pass, or step harder on the gas. Of course, I stepped harder . Right up to the light a few hundred yards down the road. He pulled up beside me and instead of a smart comment, a guy in a new Mustang said "Man, that thing is fast!"

Old 09-18-2009, 11:03 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by alicata
I have been surprised how many 'thumbs up' signs I have gotten in the 911 here in OH.
I was driving the Mondial one night and pulled out from a right on red. All of a sudden, I noticed lights in my mirror. My first reaction was to step on the gas - I thought I had pulled out in front of someone. When he treid to keep up , I realized that he wanted to race. So I could have let him pass, or step harder on the gas. Of course, I stepped harder . Right up to the light a few hundred yards down the road. He pulled up beside me and instead of a smart comment, a guy in a new Mustang said "Man, that thing is fast!"
That Mustang must be really slow then. I mean, I had a 328 which is faster than the Mondial (unless you had something done to it) and, before I sold it, I got passed by a Boxster S that must have been an '03 or '04 model.

It reminds me of when I had a 1983 944 when I was 19; I get this guy in a 6 cylinder Fiero trying to race me and I beat him on the 944 which was an 8.3 sec 0-60 car. He goes "man I only have 6 cylinders" to which I respond "and I only got 4."

Last edited by cibergypsy; 09-18-2009 at 11:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Hate driving towards P-cars