997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hate driving towards P-cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lardog
In NJ the biggest AS*H@LE,s are the BMW 3 series drivers. When I am in my truck its BMW payback.
It's quite common in SoCal... probably everywhere... what with being a much more "affordable" car, it's much easier for younger and misguided people to drive one and flaunt their "wealth." Even though it's leased.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:48 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Interesting piece on the nyt about the turbo:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/au...ref=porsche_ag

A short extract summarizes what we discussed on this thread in the past, sometimes I share his feeling:

"This car’s main drawbacks, and there are two, are a matter of context rather than content. First, the 911 Turbo causes everyone to hate you. A car like a Rolls-Royce or a Lamborghini is so over-the-top that bystanders get a kick out of it. But a 911 is within the realm of what many people can imagine for themselves. Except, chances are, it’s still out of reach. That just causes resentment. You see the evidence every day. Nobody yields. People go out of their way to box you in at parking lots. And I’m pretty sure the landscapers next door to me took extra care to launch a fusillade of lawn clippings in the general direction of my driveway, because I later found the Meteor Grey 911 pasted with flecks of grass and dandelions. That didn’t happen the week I was driving a Nissan Versa."

Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 PM
nizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the rough
Wow, can I come over and shoot those landscapers in the face? Please? I believe that's legal to do in TX

Old 07-05-2010, 01:36 AM
essayons is infamous around these parts
drive through west virginia in a German car.

perspective: I drive a silver 2001 330i. Four doors. The only mildly aggressive thing about it are the black OZ wheels. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped somewhere, and some idiot kid in a Stratus/Neon/Mustang/Pickup/camaro/etc etc etc decides that I want to race because the back of my car has a roundel on it.

"You wanna race that german POS?"
"Brotha, my car has four doors. It's a family car."
"I thought BMWs were fast, how fast does that thing go?"
"I dunno, it's governed at 128 though."
"That ain't fast! My (insert vehicle name here)'s speedo goes to 170!"
"k"

or the "You must be rich you drive a german car" theory. I bought my car second hand, and it was already six years old. Most trucks cost more than my car did when i got it.

I can't wait to hear it when I buy a pcar. Please, just leave me alone and let me drive in peace.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:18 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Every state will have its share of a$$holes; people that are jealous or whatever of something that you have and they don't.

When I had my 135i every idiot in a ricer honda, evo or subbie would want to race me. People would cut me off deliberately and so on! I have had my C2 for 2 months now and up until the last few weeks, it has been better.

Lately, however, it seems to be getting worse. On Friday while drving home from work on a four lane road (separated by a double yellow) a couple of twenty somethings first cut me off while approaching a light. I was not driving ina way that would suggest I was looking to race. Then as the traffic moved they wound up behind me. The driver would have none of that so to get ahead of me (and everyone else in front of us) he swereved over the double yellow into on-coming traffic to pass all of us! I am sure he felt real important then.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
My Porsche is not a daily driver. I choose to drive it when/where there isn't much traffic for most of the reasons sighted here. I want to have a good time driving the car, and when there is too much traffic, I feel like I'm on pins and needles. The ratio of a-holes to normal drivers is still the same, but with fewer numbers, your chance of encounter is slimmer.

J

Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
That's the beauty of living in NJ

everyone hates everyone.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 AM
TheMethLab is infamous around these parts
Every guy in an Acura wants to race.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:47 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
These cars are invisible and are everywhere in the west side Los Angeles l which is a plus. I would definitely feel more self-concious driving one if I lived back where I grew up in PA. My Mom used to get stink-eye regularly when we were kids driving around in her spiffy 1983 Jaguar XJ6.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Flying Cat is infamous around these partsFlying Cat is infamous around these parts
Yesterday I am driving in middle lane in three lane highway, not a lot of cars, everybody going about 70 mph. Then from left lane comes an undescriptive american car with 3 guys going at about 75-80 mph. After they passed me, passenger puts his hand by window edge to discreetly give me the finger for 5 to 10 seconds.

Resentment? ... No kidding!

Old 07-05-2010, 01:29 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nizzoc4s
Wow, can I come over and shoot those landscapers in the face? Please? I believe that's legal to do in TX

Actually that was an extract from the NYT text, didn't happen to me... Not sure if he would shoot those guys...

Old 07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Flying Cat
Yesterday I am driving in middle lane in three lane highway, not a lot of cars, everybody going about 70 mph. Then from left lane comes an undescriptive american car with 3 guys going at about 75-80 mph. After they passed me, passenger puts his hand by window edge to discreetly give me the finger for 5 to 10 seconds.

Resentment? ... No kidding!

I got the finger recently by turning on the headlights. Bubba driving a truck behind me (that means the normal 2 ft distance in TX) thought I was braking, got all upset because it messed with his mullets and gave me the finger...

Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Roverrich is infamous around these parts
This thread rings true to me. All the above mentioned downsides contributed to my decision to sell my first Porsche about 4 years ago. I recently bought another one and decided to not let idiots ruin my fun in a car the I worked very hard to own and appreciate.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Roverrich
This thread rings true to me. All the above mentioned downsides contributed to my decision to sell my first Porsche about 4 years ago. I recently bought another one and decided to not let idiots ruin my fun in a car the I worked very hard to own and appreciate.

I second that...
Welcome to the forum!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
It is kind of being with a beautiful woman. Guys are jealous because they don't have one.
Little do they know what it takes to buy a car like this...Most of us earned it through hard work.

So.. All you can do is avoid and ignore *******s because they are NOT going away.

Keep smiling and driving past them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Hate driving towards P-cars