997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hate driving towards P-cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:44 AM
essayons is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Flying Cat
Yesterday I am driving in middle lane in three lane highway, not a lot of cars, everybody going about 70 mph. Then from left lane comes an undescriptive american car with 3 guys going at about 75-80 mph. After they passed me, passenger puts his hand by window edge to discreetly give me the finger for 5 to 10 seconds.

Resentment? ... No kidding!
had a similar situation, except cruising in the right lane of three on the highway, a couple guys (kids?) in an integra use the shoulder to pass me, give me the finger, and proceed to cut me off (nothing in front of me, they just figured it necessary to only leave a couple inches when changing lanes). Move over to the middle lane, and he cuts me off again. I proceed to slow down to get away from him, and he slows down to stay right in front of me. I move over to the left lane, and he cuts me off once more, then revs his engine and takes off. I was tempted for half a second to downshift and go after him, but it passed, and I was just glad he was gone so i could go back to enjoying my drive.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:21 PM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
Yesterday afternoon I was on the entrance ramp to the interstate, two parallel lanes with one-pair-of-cars-at-a-time light-controlled access, merging to one entry lane after a few hundred feet. A silver and black VW Turbo pulled alongside me, and I heard his slight gunning of the engine as the time for the green light neared. Thinking of this thread, I just sighed and let him do his little thing. To impress me with his tricked-out VW, he blasted off like the start of LeMans, doing maybe 90 up the entrance ramp and then slamming on the brakes as he had to merge with bumper-to-bumper traffic crawl on the interstate. Yeah, I was way impressed.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raspritz
yesterday afternoon i was on the entrance ramp to the interstate, two parallel lanes with one-pair-of-cars-at-a-time light-controlled access, merging to one entry lane after a few hundred feet. A silver and black vw turbo pulled alongside me, and i heard his slight gunning of the engine as the time for the green light neared. Thinking of this thread, i just sighed and let him do his little thing. To impress me with his tricked-out vw, he blasted off like the start of lemans, doing maybe 90 up the entrance ramp and then slamming on the brakes as he had to merge with bumper-to-bumper traffic crawl on the interstate. Yeah, i was way impressed.
lol!

Old 07-07-2010, 04:49 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
If he was a dog, he would be a Dorkshire Terrier.

J

Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
I used to rise to the challenge all the time in my cars whenever challenged. Then I turned 25 and I guess the insurance companies are right with rates and risks dropping at that point in life because I seem to find myself caring less and just ignoring them. I'd rather keep enjoying my P-car at my only luxury and let them drive like maniacs and kill themselves.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
i agree that when i drive the pcar, it's like you have a target on your back. recently, the favorite aggressor has been the E92 M3. i had to drive from oc to the valley, and 2 diff E92's were trying to weave through 30 mph traffic to get in front of me. i just thought it was weird.

i've also had an audi S5, an older e55, and a lifted F350 cut me off... i figure it goes with the territory. i might have chased after them, but i'm trying to avg 18.5 mpg on my local commutes..... =)

Old 07-09-2010, 08:20 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
Sometimes pointing and laughing is the ultimate response.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
I notice younger, aggressive drivers when I drive my 911, way more than when I'm in the family Volvo. I'm getting better an anticipating other drivers' dangerous lane changes. Last week, I had someone pull up next to me at light, and red-line their engine, then race off the line...while my kids were in the car. Its best to let d-bags try to climb a tree while wearing their own car. No sense in engagement, even without kids in the car.

The absolute worst P-hater experience I've had was in bumper to bumper traffic: Two meatheads next to me in a contractor truck were being loud enough so I could hear every every put-down. They were totally trying to get a reaction..."...my 'stang could take that little b&tch car off the line.....how fast do u think it goes?.....silver spoon f@g probably from Weston.....I could buy a house for what he @#$ paid..... I'd never want a car like that...what an idiot driving a Porsche in the city.......think he bought that p&ssy car so he can get laid?." Usually, I can ignore the negative chatter and drive off, but I was stuck next to these guys for 30 minutes. Plus, my cabtop was already down.... I just looked up, turned on the radio on, then focused on just looking ahead (while praying they wouldn't throw their dunkin donuts garbage down into my backseat).... For a split second, I wished I had a coupe.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
Sometimes pointing and laughing is the ultimate response.
Only if you have a 9mm with you!
Not a good idea.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:39 AM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
I drive my car daily and find that a lot more people stare and admire. Just as I did when I did not have one, but there are a bunch of inconsiderate people that want to engage and entice. I either disappear and/or just look and smile. I find that smiling just pisses them off more.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Old one, but a great one! Must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrCb...eature=related

Old 07-09-2010, 11:01 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mshanler
For a split second, I wished I had a coupe.
Bingo! Life is way easier with a coupe.

there is plenty of trash driving on the public roads, so who cares. they belong to their trashy habitat and to get involved with them makes no reason at all. it just makes them happy.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Shecky is infamous around these parts
That reminds me. I pulled up at a stoplight the other day. Right next to me a few seconds later, a motorcycle with one of those real "biker looking" men (leather jacket, full-on mustache, well in his 40's, etc ) pulled up to my left, right alongside me. I was just looking straight ahead and trying not to look at him. I did notice, however, out from the corner of my eye that he was checking out the p-car in detail. Checking out the bumper, the hood, the wheels, etc. Anyways, I heard him rev his motorcycle repeatedly, and I didn't glance over at all. He started making all these hand gestures as if he was deaf or somethin' and tried getting my attention. I knew he wanted to race, but I just stayed put and continued to mind my own business. THEN, this guy had the actual nerve to start TAPPING on my drivers side to window to get my attention. I couldn't pretend that I didn't hear that, so I glanced over. I saw him hand gesturing to me again to "race" on this upward going curbed road. I rolled my window justtttt a lil' bit, and told him "No Thanks". He then kept forcing me to try and race him, and I just kept looking straight ahead. The light turned green, and he took off and stopped about 20 feet in front of me, staring straight back and me and kept revving his motorcycle. I started driving real slow at this point as I didn't want to race. So for about a mile he kept looking back at me wondering if I'll ever put the pedal to the metal. After he made his right turn, he was gone, and I was just happy just to get back to driving to the dealership in Torrance, CA!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM
essayons is infamous around these parts
^^^
I lol'd

although the worst case of p-car hatred I've ever seen by far was towards a black guy and his wife in a boxster at a light in front of me. two redneck kids in a malibu pulled up next to him and started yelling obscene things, along with "What are you ni---rs compensating for?"

He was really calm about it and kept on driving, I was actually impressed.