997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Exhaust help- AWE cats + AH maybe too much for me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Exhaust help- AWE cats + AH maybe too much for me

Hi Fellas,
As many know I am currently running AWE 200 cell sport cats, and AfterHours (AH) mufflers. For long drives, I am beginning to feel it's too much, even for me.

No way I am giving up the AWE cats, they're simply awesome, so most likely I will swap out mufflers and sell the AH pipes. The AH were awesome, but paired with the cats, it's insane.

Any opinions on what to pair with my cats?
CATTMAN

Old 09-17-2009, 07:00 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I just run my PSE mufflers, it killed the sound to a level that is good for DD, but the Cats make the sound loud enough for my liking.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:40 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Hi Fellas,
As many know I am currently running AWE 200 cell sport cats, and AfterHours (AH) mufflers. For long drives, I am beginning to feel it's too much, even for me.

No way I am giving up the AWE cats, they're simply awesome, so most likely I will swap out mufflers and sell the AH pipes. The AH were awesome, but paired with the cats, it's insane.

Any opinions on what to pair with my cats?
CATTMAN
Fabspeed made some sort of quiet mufflers recently.
But if you just need `em to be less loud - why not to revert back to stock?

Old 09-17-2009, 07:54 AM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
I would trade you stock

Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
I would trade you stock
should we make an auction? I also got stock cats and mufflers, most likely will have to dump them.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
if you decide to sell the AH pipes, let me know.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Funny - the AWE cats + AWE mufflers are too quiet for me so I'm going to try the cats + some Gundo hacked mufflers.

I'll have some low mileage AWE mufflers for sale soon.

I've never heard the AH mufflers in person but they sounded good w/ the stock cats on video.

I miss the PSE sound but my PSE mufflers fell apart and Porsche says CPO won't cover them.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:27 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
To the OP, why not go with the AWE mufflers. I've got AWE mufflers, headers, and cats going on in about two weeks so I can report back than.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Cattman, try the Borlas. I almost did the AH with the cats but hearing the AH with the stock cats which really was just a hair under having muffler bypass installed I went with the Borlas. More aggressive than the Fabspeed and AWE but quiet when you are just cruising. However, when you dip into the throttle they are quite aggressive. I had AWE's on before the Borlas and thought the AWEs were just to tame. I think the Borlas with the cats are the perfect setup.

Dave

Old 09-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
Anyone have any issues with passing smog in California after adding the 200 cats? I'm not technically sound enough to figure if this would even matter. thanks.

Anyone with AWE 200 cats and either cargraphic or tubi's care to post a video?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Majac4122
Anyone have any issues with passing smog in California after adding the 200 cats? I'm not technically sound enough to figure if this would even matter. thanks.

Anyone with AWE 200 cats and either cargraphic or tubi's care to post a video?

The cats will pass the sniffer as long as the car is at operating temperature. In Cali. our cars are smogged on a chassis dyno and they have to be at operating temp...which is a positive for us.

Dave

Old 09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Cattman, try the Borlas. I almost did the AH with the cats but hearing the AH with the stock cats which really was just a hair under having muffler bypass installed I went with the Borlas. More aggressive than the Fabspeed and AWE but quiet when you are just cruising. However, when you dip into the throttle they are quite aggressive. I had AWE's on before the Borlas and thought the AWEs were just to tame. I think the Borlas with the cats are the perfect setup.

Dave
i dont know ^^^

the video i saw sounded great but didnt seem like a candidate for a DD. i dont know if i could live with that much sound all day.

i suggest you find some people to audition for you in person before you pull the trigger.

if you want, pull your AF and install the stock mufflers. some here say its the best sound for an all around driver

Old 09-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Andre5 is infamous around these partsAndre5 is infamous around these parts
I'm running X51 headers with AWE cats and Remus mufflers. If you there's dealer or someone nearby with the Remus cans, then they may be what you're looking for - deeper tone (so I've been told) than the AWE cans but definitely tolerable for daily driving. When you're on the throttle, they produce a deep aggressive tone.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Borla's are pricey.
Looks like they come with tips, is that right?
CATTMAN

Old 09-17-2009, 07:22 PM
DW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the rough
Try the cargraphics. I think they have mufflers for different sound levels so you can find one that fits your taste. Try giving Stuttgart Performance a call. I'm going to get a set once I get my car back from a local shop that's taking forever to complete some interior work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust help- AWE cats + AH maybe too much for me