997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Chicks dig it !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Chicks dig it !

Haha --even though you all looked ...
this is a serious post.

My two cars are very different but they are also styled differently too . One is black , big Brembo's , aerokit , and it can look downright mean for those who glance in the rear view as it approaches .

The other car is white with terracotta .The softer color ,absence of aerokit , and white painted interior bits .

I notice something .
The most compliments or general whoa factor on the black car are from males .

The whiite car gets all the compliments from women . I mean lots of women .., they all want to know "hey did you get a new car ? It's really beautiful"

Hmmmm . I never observed a gender specific gravitation towards a car's color and style but with the very different cars I do see a very different appeal voiced by those around me.

Any thoughts ?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 PM
movingup is infamous around these parts
i know i know

women are stupid
j/k

Old 09-18-2009, 05:43 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by movingup
i know i know

women are stupid
j/k
LOL!

Larry, perhaps your White and Terracotta matches there outfits! White dress and Red Shoes! Perhaps you should tell people that it is the GF car, and grind the wheels against the curb to give the idea some legitimacy!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
LOL!

Larry, perhaps your White and Terracotta matches there outfits! White dress and Red Shoes! Perhaps you should tell people that it is the GF car, and grind the wheels against the curb to give the idea some legitimacy!
I am not a chick but I do like white car much better than black one. Black color on a car reminds me of catafalques.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:58 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Haha --even though you all looked ...
this is a serious post.

My two cars are very different but they are also styled differently too . One is black , big Brembo's , aerokit , and it can look downright mean for those who glance in the rear view as it approaches .

The other car is white with terracotta .The softer color ,absence of aerokit , and white painted interior bits .

I notice something .
The most compliments or general whoa factor on the black car are from males .

The whiite car gets all the compliments from women . I mean lots of women .., they all want to know "hey did you get a new car ? It's really beautiful"

Hmmmm . I never observed a gender specific gravitation towards a car's color and style but with the very different cars I do see a very different appeal voiced by those around me.

Any thoughts ?
Love the black one in your avatar. Do you have more pictures posted somewhere? What rims are those, and how wide?
thanks

Old 09-18-2009, 06:50 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !

Attached Images      

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-18-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Yeah, girls like the "softer" colors! I used it to my advantage, since they had a nice white C2S sitting in the showroom with a pretty tan interior. My wife thought it looked very nice, "for a volkswagen". (I know...I should beat her more or something).
Anyway, she Ok'd the deal, but somehow the dealer "messed up" and got me a grey car! LOL! Anyway, I kept it and it is sure nice!!!
Btw, Yyralis , I Love the Black!!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:55 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
I'm not sure, I don't have two Porsche for comparison . . .

But I get very similar compliment levels from both sides of the coin, so many midnight blue metallic does the trick for both?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I like both of thse cars so much . Someone asked about the wheels on the black car .. they are HRE C20 Brushed.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:04 PM
BTW --if I ever opt for wheels and aerokit on the white car it woild also be a step lip Hre combined with a factory aerokit . Yet I kinda like the contrast of the understated white car's appearance .. at least for the time being.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:03 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Seriously? This is classic go(o)d vs. (d)evil. At least as realized by Hollywood and foisted on us.

Start Wars; Chics dug Han and Luke - Darth, not so much. Your white car is Han, the black one, Darth. Simple as that.

Put a wing on that white car and the message becomes just a bit more "race car toy" rather than "beautiful car".

Last edited by stevepow; 09-18-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:23 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Ah, if only women were as simple as black and white...

Old 09-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by stevepow
Seriously? This is classic go(o)d vs. (d)evil. At least as realized by Hollywood and foisted on us.

Start Wars; Chics dug Han and Luke - Darth, not so much. Your white car is Han, the black one, Darth. Simple as that.

Put a wing on that white car and the message becomes just a bit more "race car toy" rather than "beautiful car".
I kinda like the softer side of white knowing I have the black car too. Had I just been given one choice I would have bought a black car . I just didn't want two black cars . Actually three including the M3 . Four if the Honda Si counts too.

I wanted a change. White and terra really is 'beautiful" .

Now there are some nice aerokits and I just love brushed step lip wheels . But not for this car .. at least for now.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I like both of thse cars so much . Someone asked about the wheels on the black car .. they are HRE C20 Brushed.
How wide are the rear wheels? Is your car lowered?

Old 09-19-2009, 05:50 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I kinda like the softer side of white knowing I have the black car too. Had I just been given one choice I would have bought a black car . I just didn't want two black cars . Actually three including the M3 . Four if the Honda Si counts too.

I wanted a change. White and terra really is 'beautiful" .

Now there are some nice aerokits and I just love brushed step lip wheels . But not for this car .. at least for now.
with you Larry, that means that the next thread you start is....... I just did some minor mods, aerokit, brushed c20's and .....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicks dig it !