997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Booster Seat Recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Big_O is infamous around these parts
Booster Seat Recommendation

Searched the forums and poured through the posts. Most of the reasonably priced booster seats have been discontinued. Can anyone recommend a booster for the back seat? Already have a full size child seat that works, but due to the narrow rear seats very few boosters can fit. Spending $500 for a Porsche junior that will be used a year is not an option. Appreciate a link to something that works.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2009, 03:51 PM
vexed is infamous around these parts
I bought a Combi Dakota which fit fine, you can order it from amazon although I just checked and they are not stocking it themselves currently. A britax parkway will also fit.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:47 PM
mstams is infamous around these parts
When searching for booster seats for my car, I had the same problem. All the reasonable ones were discontinued. Luckily, I found a source for the Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster (made by Britax) and bought a few extras. Feel free to PM me if you are interested. Best of luck.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:43 PM
VMM
VMM is infamous around these parts
The Porsche booster seat is made by Britax. I have an identical Britax seat for our SUV (obviously without the fancy lettering). They sell it as the Britax monarch. It has the cupholders which were deleted for the Porsche model. It may have been discontinued though search and you might find them in stock on the internet. I think it was about $120 and fits perfectly in the 911. I had the dealer throw in the Porsche seat... otherwise I would have gone with another Monarch for my 997.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM
nota_troll is infamous around these partsnota_troll is infamous around these parts
Here's a post from Rennlist.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ter-seats.html

I use Recaro Vivo and Britax Parkway.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:45 AM
mstams is infamous around these parts
Here's how the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster looks. I removed the booster back (daughter's preference) as well as the rear seat base to protect it (my preference). Fits great either way.

Attached Images    
Old 09-20-2009, 02:57 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Big_O
Searched the forums and poured through the posts. Most of the reasonably priced booster seats have been discontinued. Can anyone recommend a booster for the back seat? Already have a full size child seat that works, but due to the narrow rear seats very few boosters can fit. Spending $500 for a Porsche junior that will be used a year is not an option. Appreciate a link to something that works.

Thanks
http://www.amazon.com/Vivo-Booster-C...3480146&sr=8-3

Fits quite well and tight and has good side protection, IMHO. I put towel into rear of sit base for better stability, leather cushions removed.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Do you have a picture of this in your car? I'd like to see how it fits.

Rgrds, - M

Originally Posted by utkinpol
http://www.amazon.com/Vivo-Booster-C...3480146&sr=8-3

Fits quite well and tight and has good side protection, IMHO. I put towel into rear of sit base for better stability, leather cushions removed.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 AM
cullenmb is infamous around these parts
Still a difficult decision. Hopefully this helps.

For anyone looking for current information on this issue. I just recently purchased a 2003 996tt. I have a skinny 7yo and a skinny 5yo. So I need two seats. Also I am 6'2" so I need room to drive. Firstly, the Britax Parkway though recommended by several posters, does not fit well. I am returning one today. The Recaro ProBooster fits great, but I personally think the car seat is too deep, and pushes the kids to far forward for someone my height to have a kid in that car seat behind me. The older Porsche Pro Plus(I think this is the model name) fits perfectly and the back is a little shorter so the child is sitting further back and a little lower. This means more leg and knee room for them, and more room to push the drivers seat back. That car seat is still $300 unless you find one on ebay. Someone gave me one so I have been comparing it to the other options while shopping for the second seat. Also that older Porsche Pro is a renamed Britax Monarch (unfortunately discontinued - but if you find one of those seats used I would grab it). I cannot find any info on who makes the current Porsche Plus Booster. Finally, as I have one seat and am still not thrilled with the ProBooster's pushing my child forward (although it fits perfect in the car - so if you are shorter i.e. my wife - I would highly recommend this seat). I am going to try to fit a Recaro Vivo, and see if it is any better. Unfortunately, I am not extremely hopeful, because the base profile is squarer and wider than the ProBooster. I will post again when I have the final decision.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I'll second the Recaro Vivo. I removed the backseats altogether to maximize space and it is very stable.

Hope this helps,

T.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
Another Recaro Vivo user here..

Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
cullenmb is infamous around these parts
How difficult was it to get the backrests out? I have read some posters say it is difficult not to break one of the brackets. I am still thinking about the Vivo, but for now I am putting the ProBooster on the passenger side behind my wife.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:04 AM
kmckmc is infamous around these parts
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/393...aroproboos.jpg

+1 Recaro ProBOOSTER and it is less than 120USD

Last edited by kmckmc; 02-01-2012 at 07:09 AM.