997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ventilated seats - can be DIY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Ventilated seats - can be DIY?

Just curious - if I have regular base seats with no memory option - can they be converted into ventilated or does this option require completely different set of seats? Or does this 'ventilated' feature already sort of 'pre-wired' in base stock seats?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
insmanblue is infamous around these parts
That is a good question. On the car with perforated leather seats you are almost half way there. It comes down to the plumbing.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by insmanblue
That is a good question. On the car with perforated leather seats you are almost half way there. It comes down to the plumbing.
Good question indeed as leather behind back and on bottom seat is perforated with million little holes, so, it is plumbing only - where and how to put those pipes? I would love to extend/split some ducts if it is really as simple as that.

Or should it be a different sort of perforations on a side seat sections?

Old 09-21-2009, 08:26 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
There are no ducts to split/extend, except that vent out of the seat back. There are fans that draw air into the seat and exhaust it below and behind. I'd imagine you have to change the seats...if the wiring exists.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Given the extensive ducting, fan and wiring and different seat back, I'd expect that you need whole new seats, and possibly wiring (since the center console switches are also not there, and maybe the harness doesn't have the wires). Its one of those things thats not likely going to be an add -on. Unless you find someone who has the seats and doesn't want to the ventilation system so you can use their parts in a swap or purchase, It is likely to be cost prohibitive as well. (as I've heard Porsche doesn't sell complete seats at all anymore)

Old 09-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Seen these in a couple of cabs in NYC. Seem to keep you cool and provides a back rub at the same time. Cant beat the price =p I hope you see the humor in this.....

Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Seen these in a couple of cabs in NYC. Seem to keep you cool and provides a back rub at the same time. Cant beat the price =p I hope you see the humor in this.....

Well, there is some humor in being a-like turkish cab driver in 997 car.
But I would prefer original ventilated seat. Will get one with time, stock one is a bit uncomfortable during a long drive.