997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

200 cell cats and CEL's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I think there are more detailed instructions on renntech forum if you search for them with pictures of this process.
Thanks! See also https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ve-airbox.html

Old 09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
I have awe 200 cats and not one issue or cel

Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone. I ordered the x-pipe (sized for the Fabspeed mufflers) and it should arrive shortly. I'll try to pull the headers/cats today so it will be ready for the install. I recently installed and EVOMS CAI. Do I have to pull that to get to the O2 sensor wires? Do they plug in somewhere and should be pulled so the cats can be removed with the O2 sensor wires attached. Then transplant them to the new cat and reverse the process? (Am I getting this right?)

Old 09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Verde
Thanks everyone. I ordered the x-pipe (sized for the Fabspeed mufflers) and it should arrive shortly. I'll try to pull the headers/cats today so it will be ready for the install. I recently installed and EVOMS CAI. Do I have to pull that to get to the O2 sensor wires? Do they plug in somewhere and should be pulled so the cats can be removed with the O2 sensor wires attached. Then transplant them to the new cat and reverse the process? (Am I getting this right?)
Just look into right and left corners in that compartment - EVO box IMHO smaller than stock airbox - do you see those connectors and wires? Can reach them OK? Unplug them completely and try to drop them down, look how wires are tucked into plastic holders - just follow the wire. It is simpler to do than to explain. You will see those wires from below going up.
One of connectors on each side will be a bit tough to get out from its holder after you unplug it - but doable.

Or you can try to unscrew O2 sensors while cats are mounted on - but I could not get it done, just wasted time.