997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Qusetions for a newbie concerning 997 4S Cab. with PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2009 | 12:04 PM
|
stacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nice
Qusetions for a newbie concerning 997 4S Cab. with PDK

I've managed to put about 4500kms. on my new car and I love most everything about it There is a lot of construction where I live and thus the roads are a bit choppy. I was wondering if there is a way to soften the ride a little. I dropped the tire pressures to 37 rear and 31 front-is this ok? and could I go a bit further.
Also-when I raise the roof the driver's side rear window goes up then retreats to a half open position until I hit the roof button again and it closes. It only does this when the roof is being raised.

Old 09-21-2009 | 01:42 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Don't know about the tire pressures - should be OK but I wouldn't run it hard at the low pressures as cornering and handling will likely suffer.
I have a Cab too and the windows are squirrelly when closing the top. Sometimes the windows close fine - sometimes go almost all the way up and then down, and sometimes the backs don't go up. My BMW's have always had electrical/electronic glitches as well. I don't think the Germans are as good in this category as the Japanese.

Old 09-21-2009 | 03:34 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Can't comment on the ride, but have you considered getting a SmartTop for your Cab? I have one on my car and it gives me multiple options in how I open and close my top (including if I want to open/close my windows upon open/closing my top). Also gives options of opening and closing my top with my key fob and how my car locks (chirp, light, both, etc.). Great investment for those of us with Cab's.

Old 09-21-2009 | 07:50 PM
|
stacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nice
Thanx for the advice-is this a dealer installed item or can I do it myself.

As an aside I am going for a day at the Mosport track just outside of Toronto on Thursday and I can hardly wait.