997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need Quick Advice -Great Deal Available On A Guards Red Car- Automatic Ticket Magnet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EJ-997
me too!
Really? I was just kidding (knock on wood).

Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slapshot
As the title says, there is an amazing car available to me, and it looks absolutely beautiful in Guards Red, but my concern is that this may be a ticket waiting to happen every time I hit the street. That is, in fact, the ONLY reason I didn't already pull the trigger on this deal tonight.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts, especially those of you who may have this color. Thanks very much.

John
If you are mentally ready to own bright red car - go for it. Why not?

I am not yet ready for such thing, not would I like that much attention.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Flying Cat is infamous around these partsFlying Cat is infamous around these parts
When I was looking to buy a Porsche, my first choice was metallic silver. However, my "great deal" options were red or black C2S. I was concerned at first, but I bit the bullet and bought the red one.

Now, I absolutely love the way my red C2S looks, and other colors look a bit dull now.

Go for it! You will not regret it.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:09 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
love the red! what did you get and where are the pics?? Congrats in advance!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:56 PM
rkuo is infamous around these parts
I went through the same thought process when I decided to go Guards Red on my Targa 4 ... and, after seeing the color in person, it looks beautiful, it's eyecatching (which I wanted) and everyone else that thought it might be gaudy or overdone changed their mind once they saw the car. If you like red, do it.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
eas
eas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to behold
I thought my Elise would be a ticket magnet, but never got a single one. Now my damn Ford Edge, that's a different storey...

Old 09-23-2009, 01:58 AM
xbar is infamous around these parts
Sounds like you want the deal more than the color. If you're going to spend this much on a car, why not wait for the right car (for you) to come along?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xbar
Sounds like you want the deal more than the color. If you're going to spend this much on a car, why not wait for the right car (for you) to come along?
I think he makes sense. I love Guards Red - it is a terrific color on these cars. All cops will scrutinize 911s, even just for the pleasure of seeing one when there are so many dull cars out there.

I have 2 bright yellow and 1 bright orange car. But, hey, these are outrageous cars, don't hide your light under a basket.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:17 AM
H8rade is infamous around these partsH8rade is infamous around these parts
I got pulled over in my yellow Evo VIII all the time in Texas on a certain highway between Wichita Falls and Dallas. I never received tickets, just vague warnings. I bought a blue Evo IX and never got looked at by anyone. I figured it had to be the color and the car.

I personally think you shouldn't have any issues with a red 911 unless you drive like an a-hole.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
+1
It's not the color that attract tickets, it's the driving... Although being a P-car will not help in some areas, such as mine...

There was an interesting piece on MSN regarding the most ticketed cars, HERE.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Slapshot is infamous around these partsSlapshot is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by xbar

Actually, I think the color looks spectacular on Porsches. Just never felt it was safe due to the attention it might attract from the police. I think I am ready to throw down the gauntlet and go for it. Thanks, very much, to all for the encouragement.

John

Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
How do you think guards red will hold under resale scrutiny?
When one looks at the 09 inventory remaining, i'd bet there is one red to 30 blacks and maybe 20 silver.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by talkinghead
How do you think guards red will hold under resale scrutiny?
When one looks at the 09 inventory remaining, i'd bet there is one red to 30 blacks and maybe 20 silver.
I don't think it'll be any different - but the owner of a "flashier" colored car will always have to be more patient to find the right buyer. Price is a function of supply and demand. There are fewer red cars built because there is less demand. If one is willing to wait, he should be able to find the buyer that's looking for that certain color, and attain market price.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Slapshot
Actually, I think the color looks spectacular on Porsches. Just never felt it was safe due to the attention it might attract from the police. I think I am ready to throw down the gauntlet and go for it. Thanks, very much, to all for the encouragement.

John
Congrats - let us know how you do.

One or two tickets are worth driving these cars anyhow...