997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche magazines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Porsche magazines

Hi there,

I know these are the nice Porsche magazines:

- Excellence
- 911 & Porsche World
- Total 911
- GT Porsche

Am I forgetting any ? Do you have more recommendations ?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Those are exactly the ones I buy

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Panorama and Christophorus.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
I get Christophorus (from PNA), Panorama (PCA), and Spiel (PCA PNW Region). This enough for me... as I usually glance through them, enjoy the pictures and then rotate to the coffee-table-recycle-bin.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:19 PM
RUFLUV is infamous around these parts
Excellence is excellent...

Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Excellence!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:18 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
I get Excellence and Panorama being a PCA member. The Spiel is just about what's going on in your PCA Region and, most of the time, I just glance at its contents and discard it after not finding anything of interest inside.

I also read GT Purely Porsche, Total 911 and 911 and Porsche World at the local Barnes & Noble and only buy an issue if I really want to keep it. Forgive me but I find Christophorus not worth cutting the trees needed to put it to print. I found nothing of interest in the issue that arrived today on my mailbox.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
I get Excellence and Panorama being a PCA member. The Spiel is just about what's going on in your PCA Region and, most of the time, I just glance at its contents and discard it after not finding anything of interest inside.

I also read GT Purely Porsche, Total 911 and 911 and Porsche World at the local Barnes & Noble and only buy an issue if I really want to keep it. Forgive me but I find Christophorus not worth cutting the trees needed to put it to print. I found nothing of interest in the issue that arrived today on my mailbox.
Its mostly an add campaign for Porsche but its fun to get....

Jason

Old 09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carfan
Hi there,

I know these are the nice Porsche magazines:

- Excellence
- 911 & Porsche World
- Total 911
- GT Porsche

Am I forgetting any ? Do you have more recommendations ?
Thanks, just gave me something else I need to buy related to the car! Ordered online

Old 09-25-2009, 09:10 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
I find Excellence has a good balance of older, newer and modified cars that can interest most anyone and even get me excited about possibly picking up a vintage 911.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Christophorus is a complete waste --- 50% of the pages are of useless gaudy watches and articles on trips to Tibet, etc. Not my cup of tea.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Christophorus is a complete waste --- 50% of the pages are of useless gaudy watches and articles on trips to Tibet, etc. Not my cup of tea.
never seen it.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:40 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Christophorus - is a brilliant brain washing campaign.

I love Excellence but lately I've found them to have too much advertising.
Once in a while I'll pick up a GT Purely or Total 911

Old 09-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
Forgive me but I find Christophorus not worth cutting the trees needed to put it to print. I found nothing of interest in the issue that arrived today on my mailbox.
I'll admit I look at the 3 magazines solely for the pictures. They have articles? (I mean adverts?)

Old 09-28-2009, 02:17 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Just googled them (Christophorus), didn't know it was from Porsche. But 24 euros/yr for 6 issues? Seems excessive. BMW and Lexus send me similar magazines for free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche magazines