997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

20's on a 2006 997 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bara
performance aside]

aesthetically, the body of the 997 is too small for a 20" wheel and the car then becomes more about its wheels than the car itself. at times even the 19's look to be pushing it size wise.

you dont want a beautiful car like the 997 defined by the wheels its riding on. the wheels should add to the look, not become its focus.

an extreme example but this is the direction you'd be going with 20's

ROFL...same pic some guy on the NSX site use to post when I had 19's and 20's on it...!!!
That pic is waaay extreme...NO comparison....that would be like putting 13's on your Porsche if you wanted small and think how light they would be.....!

I have NEVER pulled up and had anybody say the 20's look too big......also they don't say...."that car is all about the wheels"

The 20's IMO with a bodykit look PERFECT....without a bodykit...they do look a little big.
So if you have sideskirts....20's all the way....without bodykit....19's...JMHO!

Stacy

PS good thread here...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...good-ride.html

Last edited by justatoy; 09-25-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:08 PM
mondego is infamous around these parts
performance aside]

aesthetically, the body of the 997 is too small for a 20" wheel and the car then becomes more about its wheels than the car itself. at times even the 19's look to be pushing it size wise.

you dont want a beautiful car like the 997 defined by the wheels its riding on. the wheels should add to the look, not become its focus.

an extreme example but this is the direction you'd be going with 20's

That photo is priceless.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:16 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
performance aside]

Very nice.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
you have proven my point Stacy. the wheels on your car are the focal point and the rest just fades in comparison. you cant deny that the intensity of the pic is in the wheels and gets the lions share of the attention. lots of people like bling and i understand that. to me porsche is the bling itself. i dont think any high end car should be upstaged by its rolling stock.

Originally Posted by justatoy
ROFL...same pic some guy on the NSX site use to post when I had 19's and 20's on it...!!!
That pic is waaay extreme...NO comparison....that would be like putting 13's on your Porsche if you wanted small and think how light they would be.....!

I have NEVER pulled up and had anybody say the 20's look too big......also they don't say...."that car is all about the wheels"

The 20's IMO with a bodykit look PERFECT....without a bodykit...they do look a little big.
So if you have sideskirts....20's all the way....without bodykit....19's...JMHO!

Stacy

PS good thread here...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...good-ride.html

Old 09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
I'll chime in. I have 20's and no issues or complaints about rougher ride. I love the way the car looks and for everyday driving (although not a DD), no complaints.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Stacys car looks amazing and so do his wheels, the reason you feel like his wheels are the focal point is becaus the car is black, and the wheels are gold so the gold wheels POP right at you, if the wheels were black you wouldnt get the same feeling...either way the gold wheels look flat out sick, and so does Stacys car... Like I said earlier, 20s ALL DAY EVERY DAY... do a search on google for a few pics of 997s on 19s and 997s on 20s, see which looks better, you be the judge...Good luck either way

Old 09-25-2009, 10:59 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
I think the design of the wheel would have some input into 19's or 20's. Wheels with a deep dish might look fine going with 20's. However, some designs with no lip (such as my HRE P40's and P43's) look pretty big in 19 inch and I think would look to big on a 997 going to a 20 inch wheel.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:26 PM
BruceWonder is infamous around these parts
think 20s would defeat the purpose of driving a performance car. 19s are perfect imo

Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
I absolutely love my 20" HRE 590R's, here are some photos for you guys:

Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I was concerned a bit about 20s but went w/ the 20 HRE P40s and have had no second thoughts. Ride is same as the stock 19s, and that's through crappy Chicago roads. I don't think the wheels overwhelm the car, but again it's a combo of the wheel design/color and the car's color.

Attached Images