997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

best bang for the buck plenum and software for 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:23 AM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
Question best bang for the buck plenum and software for 997

Hey Guys,

I am getting a 05 997 C2 tiptronic. The car doesn't have sport chorno. I am looking at a RSS plenum then a software flash for faster gearing changing. I had softronic software on my cayman s before and I liked it. What's good out there for 997?!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
europeankar,

Congrats on the plan to get a new Porsche. Bottomline, you came to the right forum for opinions on what to do with your 997. 6speed has a huge amount of passionate enthusiasts and a large group of incredible vendors that sponsor the site ready to get you anything you desire.

I personally recommend the EVOMSit Software upgrade – it will wake up your car. Depending on what kind of sound you're looking for, a sport exhaust like Cargraphic, Tubi or some of the other highend brands will also be beneficial and offer improved performance and power. Sport cats will also improve the sound and flow. The IPD Plenum, as you mentioned, is also a good modification to make while you do your first round of mods, so the software can be optimized with your selected upgrades. FYI, there is a special currently with the IPD Plenums through the end of September available through any of our authorized dealers who will be happy to assist you.

Feel free to contact us directly with questions, thanks and good luck with your new Pcar...

Bryan @ RSS

Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 PM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
Smile

1. I will be getting the IPD PLENUM 3.6 (I was happy with it on my 996)
2. Softronic flash since I am located in HK which make things easier
3. I think that car already has a techart catback exhaust
4. Enjoy the 997 p car first.

Since I do not have sports chorno. Softronic can make my C2 in sports " on " all the time correct?! I have a tiptronic and I think the throttle response is not very smooth and fast. My previous Cayman S (tiptronic) with sports chorno. When sports on I can feel the gearing change is faster and better throttle response. Does this apply to softronic as well once I flash it on my tiptronic 997 C2?

Last edited by europeankar; 09-26-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:22 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by europeankar
1. I will be getting the IPD PLENUM 3.6 ( i did great on my 996 C2 )
2. Softronic flash since I am located in HK which make things easier
3. I think that car already has a techart catback exhaust
4. Enjoy the 997 p car first.

Since I do not have sports chorno. Softronic can make my C2 in sports " on " all the time correct?! I have a tiptronic C2 and I think the throttle response is not very smooth and fast. My old Cayman S (tiptronic) with sports on I can feel the gearing change is faster and better throttle response. Does this apply to softronic as well once I flash it on my tiptronic 997 C2?
Yes, it will turn on 100% throttle response - just ask for it while ordering flash file.
Softronic flash works, i have it and like it a lot. Put on 200 cell sport cats too if you`ll do plenum - as better intake flow need better exhaust flow too. Also put BMC filter instead of stock one - it is simple and cheap and really works.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
As utkinpol stated, Softronic will address that when you order and you should be good to go! You will be very pleased.