997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You guys are too funny . Please remember that i do have two cars already so the essence of this deal will come down to price . I already named my top dollar and i refuse to budge . I felt it best to place all the cards face up and even if it doesn't fly .. I will simply keep what I already have . I am not suffering .

In fact I have yet to tell the one technician whom I respect the most . I know he loves the Gt3 too . I think he'll be happy if I get it .

Old 09-28-2009, 08:41 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
So -- a little more ..

Red or White ? lol .

Red is in the top running . It's not my usual choice but the Gt3 does wear it well . Plus I want to give the sale to the guy who sold me my PDK .
So I'd have to wait a few weeks ...
Boils down to the number . I made a very , very good offer and not one cent more.

BTW .. if I trade in my PDK car and someone wants it I can point them in that direction if the Gt3 become definite.

If I keep the PDK .. well .. then I'll just post more anyway. Because it is getting those paddles that many here want .

Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by gomez
your going to track it right! Please say yes. That's what there made for!
I probably won't . I am not really buying this to compete.

Maybe it was all the years of competing in swimming and later on triathlon . I got to the point where racing just wasn't as much fun as enjoying what gravitated me to the sport . I never won any medals but even the people I know who are at that level face the daily pressure of having to perform and it makes them better athletes but it comes with cost. Many burn out and eventually retire from the sport .

I view driving the same . I love driving and just like every once in awhile a good sprint in the swimming pool leaves me feeing like a kid again .. so does a nice sprint in a fantastic car . It's a lot safer to race in a pool though .

But racing wasn't what i loved about swimming and racing isn't what I love about driving .

Driving to me is ones ability to connect with his machine to enjoy the experience and for me winning or losing isn;t the main feature .

But yes .. .. theres an inner child awakened by a Porsche 911 and my guess is the gt3 only enhances it.

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-28-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Red or white? I would have to flip a coin, both colors would be great IMO.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1

Maybe it was all the years of competing in swimming and later on triathon . I got to the point where racing just wasn't as much fun as enjoying what gravitated me to the sport . I never won any medals but even the people I know who are at that level face the daily pressure of having to perform and it makes them better athletes but it comes with cost. Many burn out and eventually retire from the sport .

I view driving the same . I love driving and just like every once in awhile a good sprint in the swimming pool leaves me feeing like a kid again .. so does a nice sprint in a fantastic car . It's a lot safer to race in a pool though .

But racing wasn't what i loved about swimming and racing isn't what I love about driving .

Driving to me is ones ability to connect with his machine to enjoy the experience and for me winning or losing isn;t the main feature .

But yes .. .. theres an inner child awakened by a Porsche 911 and my guess is the gt3 only enhances it.
You're not necessarily racing against anybody if you track it. You're just bringing the GT3 back into its natural habitat. Just screw around w/ it at the track and take it home... kind of like taking a dog to the park and letting it run around.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Ridleyguy is infamous around these parts
Although I haven't driven either a 997.2 with PDK or a GT3 myself to compare, assuming you are comfortable with the dollars on the trade, I would go with the GT3 based on a number of your posts. You are clearly someone who wants the ultimate in things - not necessarily the most expensive, but 'best of breed'. I think that has been proven out by the level you have taken your 997TT to. While I love my own '08 C4S and ordered it from the factory just the way I wanted it, I would not compare it for a moment with owning a GT3, other than for its daily all purpose practicality.

Best of luck in whatever your decision is on this ... many of us, I am sure, are enjoying the experience you are having making this decision vicariously... and thinking to ourselves, maybe this is possible in the future for me if I ....

Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
What a great decision . I´m looking forward to follow this subject and see what you have to say about the GT3 ownership experience compared to all other toys you have, I think you´ll love it to death . Congrats and keep your great posts coming.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
widebody21 is infamous around these parts
Red hands down, in a GT3 its a hot color. Full cargraphic exhaust lets her breathe and sounds amazing!!! Go for it!!! We want pics of the red one asap!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by widebody21
Red hands down, in a GT3 its a hot color. Full cargraphic exhaust lets her breathe and sounds amazing!!! Go for it!!! We want pics of the red one asap!
This car will remain stock .

Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Red or white? I would have to flip a coin, both colors would be great IMO.
agree . I like both equally on this car.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
widebody21 is infamous around these parts
Stock?
This car will remain stock .

Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future

Maybe it was all the years of competing in swimming and later on triathon . I got to the point where racing just wasn't as much fun as enjoying what gravitated me to the sport . I never won any medals but even the people I know who are at that level face the daily pressure of having to perform and it makes them better athletes but it comes with cost. Many burn out and eventually retire from the sport .

I'm not talking about competing I'm talking about using it for what it was made for. The car was made to be driven ON TRACK, if not, there is not a whole lot of reason to get a car like this and put it in the garage or put a few miles on it on the weekend. Just makes no sense. It's like going swimming in a kiddy pool with full scuba gear.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by jherbias
You're not necessarily racing against anybody if you track it. You're just bringing the GT3 back into its natural habitat. Just screw around w/ it at the track and take it home... kind of like taking a dog to the park and letting it run around.
Well the list of positives also has a flip side too.

In order to drive on the track it's a planned drive rather than a spontaneous one . It includes fees as well as exposing the car to wear and tear as well as the elements . Insurance factors in too and just as there are street drivers who lack skill there are track drivers who also lack skill and at the high speed it places a lot on the line .

I can understand the adrenaline rush of the fun but I won't ignore some of the stress either .

I am not saying never to the track .
But it's not my goal.

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-28-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ridleyguy
Although I haven't driven either a 997.2 with PDK or a GT3 myself to compare, assuming you are comfortable with the dollars on the trade, I would go with the GT3 based on a number of your posts. You are clearly someone who wants the ultimate in things - not necessarily the most expensive, but 'best of breed'. I think that has been proven out by the level you have taken your 997TT to. While I love my own '08 C4S and ordered it from the factory just the way I wanted it, I would not compare it for a moment with owning a GT3, other than for its daily all purpose practicality.

Best of luck in whatever your decision is on this ... many of us, I am sure, are enjoying the experience you are having making this decision vicariously... and thinking to ourselves, maybe this is possible in the future for me if I ....
The funny thing is outside of thse cars I am really not a flashy guy . I don;t live all that lavishly eating expensive foods or buying pricey clothes , hardly travel , and find happiness in simplicity . Maybe that's what the appeal is with the Gt3 . It's complex yet its very pure to the 911 breed.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by widebody21
Stock?
Yes stock . Except for the steering wheel and tires . BTW .. I do read all the replies and was curious that your location was Michigan and turned into Cali within 5 minutes or so .

Pretty quick move !!! That will beat just about any car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost in transition from 997S to Gt3