997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fabspeed side muffler delete pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:09 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Fabspeed side muffler delete pipes

Wsup guys, there are videos out there of the fabspeed side muffler bypass (secondary bypass) on the 997.2 Carrera S... Since the S is a 3.8 and the none S is a 3.6 I was wondering if anybody knew how diffrent IF ANY the sound would be with the side muffler delete on a 3.6 none S compared to the 3.8 S...

Old 09-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
On the 3.6L non "S" model you'll get VERY slightly different tone and a little less volume. However, you'd really have to have a trained ear to hear the difference, it's so minimal.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
kinda what I thought...thanks Tom, your always there to help buddy

Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PersianGodFatha
kinda what I thought...thanks Tom, your always there to help buddy
You got it. BTW, pm me your email address. I have a few pictures of the pedals for you.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
When I bought mine there was video on the Fabspeed site....However video's on the internet do not sound as good as in person due to cheap camcorder microphones and computer speakers.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by mdrums
When I bought mine there was video on the Fabspeed site....However video's on the internet do not sound as good as in person due to cheap camcorder microphones and computer speakers.

I watched that video and heard the bypass, but Like you said The video dosnt really give you the real sound... Does it sound better than the Video Mike????? hahahaha

Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 AM
CAL
CAL is infamous around these parts
Tom, can you share the pedals photos here?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by CAL
Tom, can you share the pedals photos here?
Sure, but please, if you have any questions, just PM me. I don't want to derail the thread.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:51 AM
robac is infamous around these parts
I was thinking about buying the Fab Speed side muffler delete pipes. Does anybody know if the claimed power gain is real? How is the sound at cruise and idle?

Old 01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by robac
I was thinking about buying the Fab Speed side muffler delete pipes. Does anybody know if the claimed power gain is real? How is the sound at cruise and idle?

I had the fabspeed side muffler delete, its sounds amazing, but imo wayyyyyy tooo loud for a daily driver, if you just track your car, or just drive it on the weekends its not bad, but if ur driving ur car everyday its a bit annoying, and grabs toooo much attention...sounds great, just toooo loud...BTW I did feel as if the car was flowing better, and felt a little quicker up top, but not too much.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:13 PM
robac is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info. I don't drive my car every day, but I feel like it is loud enough already, with the factory muffler. I like having the ability to tear it up, but don't like making a lot of noise or drawing attention. Perhaps the x pipe they make deleting the center muffler is a better option. What else have you tried from Fab Speed?

Last edited by robac; 01-01-2010 at 01:16 PM.