997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

different twist to an old question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:44 PM
warzilla is infamous around these parts
May not be the best post to put this on, but has 05, 06 997.1 prices really firmed up as people been saying on this board? I just took a peep at prices and I'm still seeing some good 997s in my neighborhood for really good prices (meaning I know I can get lower then what they are asking even now). And prices haven't really went up since I was looking in spring. I have a friend who is looking to buy a 05/06 997.1 and there are some good choices around here still. I don't know....

Old 10-02-2009, 05:35 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
they absolutely have firmed up!!! i especially know since i have been watching the market since 2007 (almost purchased an '05 C2 back then for $56K!)... since then, the market softened up DRAMATICALLY as our economy went in the the S#itter... my buddy (hi dave!) bought an '06 C2 w/ 27K miles early this year for $42K. I had several chances to purchase '06 C2 cars. One had warranty till 10/10, 23K on the clock, pvt pty one owner basalt black for $42.5K. Didn't pull the trigger b/c of S/non-S issue (now kicking myself a bit). There was also a CPO '06 C2 at a dealer w 23K miles. They were asking $45K (dont know what I could have actually got it for). Again, I drove that car, and then a C2S (back to back)... driving the S caused indecision... yada yada yada that car was sold as well. Fast forward to today... dealers are listing similar '06 C2 cars in the low to mid 50's. I throw out offers in the $45-46K range only to get the finger from the dealer... what's stupid is that I heard they are only offering high 30's on the trade in. Basically, they are cashing in on the increased demand for used 997s... As pointed out by others here, I have noticed some better deals recently as the Porsche moment incentives drew prospective buyers to step into newer vehicles. Consequently, some deals were to be had on used 997's... If you are interested, I think I can get your buddy into a 2007 C2 for $51K. PM if interested and I'll give you the details.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:38 PM
oops, just saw your on the east coast...

Old 10-03-2009, 10:31 AM
warzilla is infamous around these parts
Akim47, actually u r right on the 'firmed' up statement. As I re-examine prices on sale sites, the prices have stabilized, in the sense they haven't to dropped dramatically more from what I saw a few months ago.

BUT i also see lots of good deals including 06 c2 for low-mid 40's with CPO at dealers, which means you still can bargain for lower.

In addition for private sells, lots of 06 c2s for sale at the 50k mark, which again meets that they would sell lower. Some of these cars have been for sale all summer and I know these guys would want to sell them soon.

I don't know, I still see more and more used 997.1 coming into market and don't know who is going to buy them all...hence I can't see the market prices holding for these cars. Again, just going by my area, can't say for rest of country or west coast. Thank you for the tip on 07c2, but if its west coast, definitely my friend can't get it. Thank you for the offer though.

Originally Posted by akim47
they absolutely have firmed up!!! i especially know since i have been watching the market since 2007 (almost purchased an '05 C2 back then for $56K!)... since then, the market softened up DRAMATICALLY as our economy went in the the S#itter... my buddy (hi dave!) bought an '06 C2 w/ 27K miles early this year for $42K. I had several chances to purchase '06 C2 cars. One had warranty till 10/10, 23K on the clock, pvt pty one owner basalt black for $42.5K. Didn't pull the trigger b/c of S/non-S issue (now kicking myself a bit). There was also a CPO '06 C2 at a dealer w 23K miles. They were asking $45K (dont know what I could have actually got it for). Again, I drove that car, and then a C2S (back to back)... driving the S caused indecision... yada yada yada that car was sold as well. Fast forward to today... dealers are listing similar '06 C2 cars in the low to mid 50's. I throw out offers in the $45-46K range only to get the finger from the dealer... what's stupid is that I heard they are only offering high 30's on the trade in. Basically, they are cashing in on the increased demand for used 997s... As pointed out by others here, I have noticed some better deals recently as the Porsche moment incentives drew prospective buyers to step into newer vehicles. Consequently, some deals were to be had on used 997's... If you are interested, I think I can get your buddy into a 2007 C2 for $51K. PM if interested and I'll give you the details.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:41 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by warzilla
Akim47, actually u r right on the 'firmed' up statement. As I re-examine prices on sale sites, the prices have stabilized, in the sense they haven't to dropped dramatically more from what I saw a few months ago.

BUT i also see lots of good deals including 06 c2 for low-mid 40's with CPO at dealers, which means you still can bargain for lower.

In addition for private sells, lots of 06 c2s for sale at the 50k mark, which
Here locally I see C2 went up moderately $5K or so, generally not by much. It is just not a hot item.

C2S jumped up $10-15K plus most good cheap ones are gone. I see several new postings of nice cars but with ridiculous asking prices - people probably are trying to cash in while prices went up.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:07 PM
hmmm... im guessing most will tell me to take this most recent deal... i now have the opp to buy a 2006 C2S. 20k miles, new tires, nav, sport adptive, 20K service complete... and 5 months of warranty - $47,500.... car shows VERY well, drives well, etc. etc. etc... what do you guys think? is this one a good deal?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:41 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
hmmm... im guessing most will tell me to take this most recent deal... i now have the opp to buy a 2006 C2S. 20k miles, new tires, nav, sport adptive, 20K service complete... and 5 months of warranty - $47,500.... car shows VERY well, drives well, etc. etc. etc... what do you guys think? is this one a good deal?
If it was CPo'ed it would be a great deal. 5 months warranty is a yellow flag to me but if you drive it enough you can work out any potential issues.

Have you gotten PPI?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:27 AM
it is not cpo. i will need to schedule a ppi, but i tentatively have an agreement on the car. full purchase price at $47,500.

one last question. there is a rock chip on the driver side of the windshield. it is a really small rock chip, the kind that can be fixed via the epoxy/resin that's out there. however, i was once told that this process cannot be used on any chips on the driver side due to light distortion... can anybody confirm this? if i have to replace the windshield at some point, i think that i will have to offer a bit less.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 AM
overall, i think $47,500 seems to be a fair price for a 2006 C2S. the fact that it is a one owner car is a plus. the negative is that he has not retained any of his service records. overall, the car is really clean. one small ding in the rear right quarter panel and some tiny rock chips. otherwise the car is perfect. another negative is that the remaining factory warranty runs out in february 2006. for some reason, based on what i have seen and the limited information i know about the car, i feel okay about it. 19,000 miles, the 20K service has been completed at hoehn in san diego. brand new michelin ps2's all around. battery has been replaced (as expected w an 06).

as for the options, the car is probably configured how i would... except the fact that i dont really care for the 15 spoke sport design wheels. it does look pretty decent on the car though... but i do love the nav, sport adaptive, sport chrono, bose, and even the fire extinguisher... ill probably need to lose about 15 lbs to really fit the sport adaptives, lol...

however, with every large purchase does come the self-questioning... "am i getting a good deal?"... i think i am, but i don't know. i know the market well enough to know this car is priced on the lower end of the spectrum...

in my original post, i was considering a 2006 CPO with more miles, less options, and a chewed up interior for $46,000. For $1,500 more, I get a 2006 with more options and less warranty, but all in all, doesn't it seem worth it?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:39 PM
djlod is infamous around these parts
i am calling bs... who do you think you are? you aren't going to buy this car you stroke...

Old 10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
lol... turn about is fair play... what did u have to dig up the old post to remember what i said? haha, i didn't know you posted an avatar pic... well now i'm not going to switch wheels with you, beeyatch...

Old 10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
155mph is infamous around these parts
oh... and also, for some reason, the color crests were missing on 2 of the wheels... they said they would get me new ones, but kinda strange?
Sounds like the dealer did a switcherou on the wheels.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
i actually just found out that the 2005 at the dealer is sold... no worries, since i've found the 2006 for $47.5K. I just need to finalize the deal.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
WOW... bad news... my deal fell through... why? The buyer said I was hassling him too much. I wanted him to sign an authorization to get the service records. He said "respectfully, I want a less hassle deal"...

this kind of pisses me off. we agree on a price. and just because i wont drop $50K without some due diligence, he won't sell me the car? what a jackass...

Old 10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
155mph is infamous around these parts
WOW... bad news... my deal fell through... why? The buyer said I was hassling him too much. I wanted him to sign an authorization to get the service records. He said "respectfully, I want a less hassle deal"...

this kind of pisses me off. we agree on a price. and just because i wont drop $50K without some due diligence, he won't sell me the car? what a jackass...
Sounds like either there is something to hide or he wasn't serious about selling

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: different twist to an old question...