997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Doorsills: SS, carbon, illuminated?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Doorsills: SS, carbon, illuminated?

You guys have the special doorsills, either leather, stainless steel, carbon, or illuminated? I have the standard S sills, which are rubber with SS inserts. They've gotten pretty worn, so looking for a refresh.
What's the verdict/ pics?
CATTMAN

Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
CF illuminated

Old 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
SS Illuminated.

I never gave much thought to these until I got this car. While I'm not sure I'd pay the price for them on a new order, I have to admit I really like them. They add a really nice touch every time I enter or exit the car.

Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
CF illuminated

Damn,

those are nice

Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
I have the SS optional doorsills. After 37,000 miles, there is some scuffing on the driver's side. Will need to get it polished out at some point. Fairly durable. What is compatible with your interior scheme? Doorsills are a component subject to wear.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Paid to get the SS illuminated sills on the new car. Very nice... brings a smile to my face every time I see them. I'd say its worth the money. Whether you go with CF or SS depends on the rest of the styling of the car.. .but the illuminated one's are the way to go.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
Carbon illuminated....

Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 PM
EAMGC4S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sezme
Carbon illuminated....

+1 on the carbon illuminated sills. I have been impressed by the CF pieces that Porsche incorporates. Very tastefully done. Love my C4S illum sills. Nothing but compliments from everyone.....

Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Vincent997S is infamous around these parts
Hi guys,

where have you find the carbon illuminated ?
An idea of price ?
Thanks,

V.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
I am trying to decide if I should get Carbon Sills for my white '10 GT3. I do not really want the Carbon interior trim, so wonder if the sills go against the interior theme of the car. There is no other carbon inside. I do believe that the Carbon Sills look best on GT3's compared to aluminum; especially on white.

Any thoughts?

Old 10-06-2009, 06:38 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Stainless steel, illuminated. I'm at 9.7K miles and they still look new. Porsche even provided a "Brillo" pad for cleaning them, but I haven't used it yet.

Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2009, 06:50 AM
talkinghead is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Stainless steel, illuminated. I'm at 9.7K miles and they still look new. Porsche even provided a "Brillo" pad for cleaning them, but I haven't used it yet.
+1 on SS. My concern with other "plastic" based sills including CF is that the surface can be abraded more easily and be more difficult to renew. Anyone with CF sills have wear showing after say 10K?

Old 10-06-2009, 04:07 PM
KenMarks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
I have the SS illuminated door sills on my '09 C4s. I really like them. They make the car look finished.

But, I did not get the "brillo" pad. wwilliams88, was the pad in the car? Or, did the dealer supply it? I'm at 4.5K miles and my door sills look like brand new now.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:45 PM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by KenMarks
I have the SS illuminated door sills on my '09 C4s. I really like them. They make the car look finished.

But, I did not get the "brillo" pad. wwilliams88, was the pad in the car? Or, did the dealer supply it? I'm at 4.5K miles and my door sills look like brand new now.
I'm assuming it came from the factory since it was in the same envelope as the iPod cable and my keys. My salesman specifically showed it to me as part of the car feature rundown and explained it's purpose. It could have been added to the factory envelope at the dealer prior to delivery however.

It came in an unmarked plastic bag, ~ 2" square by 1/4" thick and is reddish brown in color. Been sitting in my glove box since delivery.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I went with illuminated stainless entry guards...if you scuff the carbon fiber, you'll need to polish the clear coat from the carbon fiber. If you scuff the stainless, you can easily refinish them:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ches-gone.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Doorsills: SS, carbon, illuminated?