997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I found the legendary detailer named "El Chino"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I found the legendary detailer named "El Chino"

Oh my !!!! This guy is just incredible. I was so blown away by this guys work that I asked him to get his camera because i forgot mine . He's going to send me the pics .The steps that this guy does to clean out the wheel well and calipers , the engine , the seats and how they are conditioned right down to the car itself is phenominal . Hours of work . I hope that my car is still clean tomorrow to snap some in the sun because it was getting dark when I took these. Right now it's as clean as a mirror. Just driving it home got so much attention as if it were a new car. "El Chino" gets my highest praise .

I got home and the sun was setting and even though its hard to tell the up close view look at thse cool sunset shots.

Attached Images     

Last edited by yrralis1; 10-06-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Are you using a phone to snap your photos?

Old 10-06-2009, 08:24 PM
ljg335i is infamous around these parts
You need a new camera phone! This one is a bit grainy

Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I am not much of a photographer . I had to lighten them as it was dark but heres some with his camera (indoors) .
I wish I could show it better and will take more in the sun . I am that blown away .

Attached Images     

Last edited by yrralis1; 10-06-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
he did my carrera S in 1998

what does he charge these days?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard of El Chino and I live in Colorado. A patient that once lived there spoke of bird poop and scratches that seemed to just fly away as an individual approached with a bright glow around him. This was El Chino.

What a wonderfully small world we live in.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by machina
he did my carrera S in 1998

what does he charge these days?
It depends on what your car needs and probably best to call him and show him your car . My Turbo didn't need as much as my M3 will so even my cost may vary.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:43 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Hmm, there's something going on with your resizing of the photos making them look grainy. But even so, can tell it's really sharp looking.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Hmm, there's something going on with your resizing of the photos making them look grainy. But even so, can tell it's really sharp looking.
I'm going to try again in the better part of the day . I think at 6:30 PM and even indoors the lighting doesn't help . I just hope my car stays clean long enough. I am just so impressed with the way it looks that this detail thrill may become my new thing.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell the detail job is good.

Either you own a really crappy camera, there is a break down in the transfer to your computer, or you are using an inferior upload program.

The first two could be related.

For my third point. Use Flickr... its free and much better than photobucket etc....

Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by JEllis
I can tell the detail job is good.

Either you own a really crappy camera, there is a break down in the transfer to your computer, or you are using an inferior upload program.

The first two could be related.

For my third point. Use Flickr... its free and much better than photobucket etc....
I have to tinker with this computer to get this right.
I am sad that I am this amazed with my car and it was right in front of me and my pictures aren't loading.

Don't worry .. there will be many more Chino pics in time .. even if i have to buy a new camera or fix this old computer.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have to tinker with this computer to get this right.
I am sad that I am this amazed with my car and it was right in front of me and my pictures aren't loading.

Don't worry .. there will be many more Chino pics in time .. even if i have to buy a new camera or fix this old computer.
You might want to check the settings on the computer as well. You may have them set to download the pics from your camera at the lowest resolution. The same could also be said for whatever upload program you are using.

Jason

Old 10-06-2009, 10:51 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Grainy or not, can never tire of looking at that car. How long did he spend on it?

Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
I cannot tell from the pictures, TBH.

It has nothing to do with the computer or the resolution being too low.
Lower the ISO and expose properly.
If you underexpose and have to brighten pictures later in post production, you'll introduce grain - especially in the shadows. If you shoot at very high ISO you'll have grain (or noise, same thing).

Now get some good shots so we can all rave about "El Chino's" work

Old 10-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Grainy or not, can never tire of looking at that car. How long did he spend on it?
Thank you . The novelty just does not wear off with this car . I'll probably drive looking for a camera or tinkering with my computer and by then it will dirty. I haven't given up though.

I dropped the car with him last night and picked it up at 6:30 today . The M3 might need an extra day though . It's driven everywhere , left outside, waxed rarely . On top of this it happened to be filfthy when I dropped it .

The Turbo actually looks better than when I bought it . The guys who wax these cars when they are new coild not accomplish what Chino did to my two year old Turbo.

When I drove it home I got enourmous attention . It was so clean and shiny that my guess is that it looked like I bought a new but modded Turbo.

Over the years I have had others detail my car but I never saw anything this good on one of my cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I found the legendary detailer named "El Chino"