997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: How do you keep the tail
up
11.11%
down
88.89%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Tail up or down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
And turbo wheels are the only wheels that porsche offers that are forged, plus they're right there on the option sheet, buddy.

Nothing wrong with changing the spoiler or any other mod for that fact.

But yeah, I would call someone who always drives around with their stock spoiler up a poser. But that's just me.
turbo wheels but its not a turbo ...dosnt matter to me I think the turbo wheels look nice on your car, buddy , just saying if he wants the spoiler up or down it shouldnt make him a poser... I wish mine didnt even go up but thats just me...

Old 10-14-2009, 02:32 PM
CanuckC4S has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckC4S has a spectacular aura about
Hey just want to clarify by no means did I think the comment had any ethnic connotation or was being implied, I was just giving my opinion, sorry for bringing PC into play. You've got tonnes of posts and experience on this forum and I hope to get to the level of 'rep power' you have at somepoint. Let's stick to the task at hand......
spoiler up or down?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:44 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CanuckC4S
Let's stick to the task at hand... spoiler up or down?
Auto mode. Up on the track and some spirited driving twisty roads.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i think its much cooler that the wing goes up/down than it is to see a wing up when going slow..

the fact our wings change depending on need is far cooler than any ricer wing thats always up.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:53 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i think its much cooler that the wing goes up/down than it is to see a wing up when going slow..

the fact our wings change depending on need is far cooler than any ricer wing thats always up.

-alex

Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
When I first got my 911 I thought it was awesome to be able to manually raise it since in my other car I can't. I realized I didn't like how the car looked without a spoiler and bought one.

A couple weeks ago I was at the track for a vintage race series. A guy was driving around with his spoiler up in the parking lot, and he had the I'm way too cool for school act going on. At that moment I was so glad I don't do that and got a wing.

In short if your driving with it up, you're only amusing yourself which is fine, but it's really not cool, just the opposite.

Did I mention his girlfriend was ugly too? lol

Last edited by Scott997; 10-14-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scott997
... A couple weeks ago I was at the track for a vintage race series. A guy was driving around with his spoiler up in the parking lot, and he had the I'm way too cool for school act going on. At that moment I was so glad I don't do that and got a wing. ...
Not saying that was the case... but at the track, if he was coming from a session that might be OK and the engine might be cooling, which may be more efficient with the spoiler up. What is not cool is to raise it gratuitously on the street and that seems to be the consensus of the replies to this thread.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
And turbo wheels are the only wheels that porsche offers that are forged, plus they're right there on the option sheet, buddy.

Nothing wrong with changing the spoiler or any other mod for that fact.

But yeah, I would call someone who always drives around with their stock spoiler up a poser. But that's just me.
Poser makes no sense my friend, if I tried to pull the car off as something else other than an S, then yes. I simply am pushing a button, which Porsche gave me for the option of raising the tail or not.

Last edited by Sargepug; 10-14-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sargepug
Poser makes no sense my friend, if I tried to pull the car off as something else other than an S, then yes. I simply am pushing a button, which Porsche gave me for the option of raising the tail or not.
That button is there to raise the spoiler to do maintenance and to dry it when you wash your car. It's there also to use on the track to avoid the constant up/down motions. Any other uses...

You can do whatever you please, but others will judge you accordingly. Your choice.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adias
That button is there to raise the spoiler to do maintenance and to dry it when you wash your car. It's there also to use on the track to avoid the constant up/down motions. Any other uses...

You can do whatever you please, but others will judge you accordingly. Your choice.
I hear you, but poser is ridiculous. I am curious to hear from the 6 others that said yes to the poll. Honestly, I have never seen the tail up on a late model 911 before at slow speeds, but must say, the car does look sweet and a little old skool "whale tailish" with it up. When I grew up in the 70's & 80's, I loved the whale tails on the 911.
Hey, maybe I will start a new trend! lol

Last edited by Sargepug; 10-15-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:15 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Have been driving with it on auto. Then I've started thinking I'd really like a small wing, almost similar to the Sport Classic ducktail. Then I realize I already have a modest wing built in, although I never get to see it up. So I've left it up sometimes.

Interesting note. Cruising around at 30-40 mph, I think there is more intake noise with the spoiler up. No need for the intake - more sound with the spoiler up. Hmmm.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
Not saying that was the case... but at the track, if he was coming from a session that might be OK and the engine might be cooling, which may be more efficient with the spoiler up. What is not cool is to raise it gratuitously on the street and that seems to be the consensus of the replies to this thread.
If it was after a session cool. Not the case.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ryem3
Have been driving with it on auto. Then I've started thinking I'd really like a small wing, almost similar to the Sport Classic ducktail. Then I realize I already have a modest wing built in, although I never get to see it up. So I've left it up sometimes.

Interesting note. Cruising around at 30-40 mph, I think there is more intake noise with the spoiler up. No need for the intake - more sound with the spoiler up. Hmmm.
Good point! and wonder if one gains more horses w/ it up at slower speeds! Hmmmmmm.......
One can't say that my ride looks weak w/ the tail up in the avatar, I think it looks more muscular!

Last edited by Sargepug; 10-14-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sargepug
Good point! and wonder if one gains more horses w/ it up at slower speeds! Hmmmmmm.......
One can't say that my ride looks weak w/ the tail up in the avatar, I think it looks more muscular!
I've been pricing out the rear wings. About $3000 before paint and prep. I'm thinking having the wing up is starting to look cooler.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ryem3
I've been pricing out the rear wings. About $3000 before paint and prep. I'm thinking having the wing up is starting to look cooler.
Agreed, take a pic of your tail up and post it! It will definitely accentuate your kit and rims.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tail up or down