997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: How do you keep the tail
up
11.11%
down
88.89%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Tail up or down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Tail up or down

Since this is my first 911, I want to get the pulse on this. I have heard some comemnts on here that it is not "porsche" cool to drive w/ the tail up all the time and to simply let it do its own thing. What are your takes on this and choose on the poll how you roll. I personally like the more aggressive look of it up all the time.

Last edited by Sargepug; 10-14-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
I leave the spoiler on auto.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Leave it on auto.

Up is like a fish-bowl cab or boat fenders down after leaving the dock.

That's me anyway - just can't see the point of leaving it up parked - makes it look like the auto system is broken. And I doubt anyone other than 911 owner's give it a second thought - and they probably aren't thinking "wow, cool".

Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
let it sit on auto, its cooler that way when its doing its own thing and just pops up... If you like the UP look, you should think about changing the spoiler to somthing bigger, like a GT2 wing or GT3 wing, etc... either way looks good, but I like to let it do its own thing

Last edited by PersianGodFatha; 10-14-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Don't be a poser.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Don't be a poser.
Poser? Youve got Turbo wheels on your C2S, I dont mind it... I think changing the wing will be ok if thats what he likes, many people on the forum here have GT3 kits, and GT3 front bumpers and stuff on their Carreras, I think itll be ok

Last edited by PersianGodFatha; 10-14-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
What's this? A 'ricer' forum?

Note to satisfy PC-minded members: Ricer in this context has no ethnic connotation, AFAIC. It just means a group of cars modded for street racing. Many people do it - Asians, Mexicans, French, Germans, etc.

Last edited by adias; 10-14-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:52 PM
PHDX2 is infamous around these partsPHDX2 is infamous around these parts
Auto for the spoiler on my car.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PersianGodFatha
Poser? Youve got Turbo wheels on your C2S, I dont mind it... I think changing the wing will be ok if thats what he likes, many people on the forum here have GT3 kits, and GT3 front bumpers and stuff on there Carreras, I think itll be ok
And turbo wheels are the only wheels that porsche offers that are forged, plus they're right there on the option sheet, buddy.

Nothing wrong with changing the spoiler or any other mod for that fact.

But yeah, I would call someone who always drives around with their stock spoiler up a poser. But that's just me.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
Auto... and agree with the post above that spoiler up all the time makes it look like something is broken...

Old 10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
You need an option for "either" because for some it doesn't really matter and may depend on their mood.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:21 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
On the street I leave it on Auto, unless I know I am going to speed, then I will leave it up.

On the track, I leave it up, it is annoying for the drivers behind me to have it go up and down, as well my speed changes so much I am afraid that it will wear out the motor too soon.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:34 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
On the street I leave it on Auto, unless I know I am going to speed, then I will leave it up.

On the track, I leave it up, it is annoying for the drivers behind me to have it go up and down, as well my speed changes so much I am afraid that it will wear out the motor too soon.
I agree with that. That may also apply for spirited drives on twisty routes.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 PM
CanuckC4S has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckC4S has a spectacular aura about
Before I switched to the Techart spoiler I would leave the OEM spoiler on auto. If Porsche had wanted it up all the time they would have built them that way, and the models they wanted to have the spoiler up all the time that's how they were built. If your looking for a more aggresive look then you should explore the aftermarket or GT2/3/Tequipmet spoiler options.
IMO....I think the 'ricer' comment should be left to discuss on your own time rather than posting it on a public forum where there's people of all sorts of ethnic diversities taking part. I've have Asian bros and we joke about that kind of stuff all the time but we all know each others boundries.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by CanuckC4S
... IMO....I think the 'ricer' comment should be left to discuss on your own time rather than posting it on a public forum where there's people of all sorts of ethnic diversities taking part. I've have Asian bros and we joke about that kind of stuff all the time but we all know each others boundries.
Let's not be PC. My 'ricer' comment has no ethnic connotation. It refers to poseur modded cars for street racing. If Asians, Mexicans, Poles, French, Germans do it, it does not matter. Many people do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tail up or down