997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

G-tech+mods=power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
good write up 1999, i need stacy to mail me that gtech.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:28 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Well, I do not care who specifically did it, I wonder about the concept. It is still stock ECU reprogrammed or piggyback module on top of it supplying stock ECU with faked inputs? Or combination of both?

I know about such systems for hondas and supras but did not see yet one for 911 cars so I simply curious about how it gets done.

The stock chip was replaced. No piggy back controller, although that would work as well to control what the computer sees.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
The stock chip was replaced. No piggy back controller, although that would work as well to control what the computer sees.
Ok, I see. So essentially you installed something similar to bosch ecu like in cup cars? Interesting.
Well, like I say, any 911 car is like a Lego construct - one can do a heck lot of nice things out of it.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
went out today with my new gtech for the first time.I tried to get a few runs in using what the manual said to do to get horsepower runs.I started quickly out of 1st ran half way through the rpm range put it into 2nd floored it to redline switch to 3rd and stop the run.I could only get 240,239,238. I have a 06 c2 non s with softronic ecu,k&N cold air ,PSE exhaust,sportchrono.Why is it so much lower then the c2s i seen posted here at 296.I noticed the person that started the thread mentioned running to third then flooring it through 3rd to 4th could that be it?
By the way it was 26 degrees when i did the runs.My best run was a 0-60 in 4.3sec and the horsepower was 258.I would love to get some suggestion for next time i go out.thanks

Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LarryP
went out today with my new gtech for the first time.I tried to get a few runs in using what the manual said to do to get horsepower runs.I started quickly out of 1st ran half way through the rpm range put it into 2nd floored it to redline switch to 3rd and stop the run.I could only get 240,239,238. I have a 06 c2 non s with softronic ecu,k&N cold air ,PSE exhaust,sportchrono.Why is it so much lower then the c2s i seen posted here at 296.I noticed the person that started the thread mentioned running to third then flooring it through 3rd to 4th could that be it?
By the way it was 26 degrees when i did the runs.My best run was a 0-60 in 4.3sec and the horsepower was 258.I would love to get some suggestion for next time i go out.thanks
I would try running the same stretch of road...running each way and then average the two together.More runs you do and average together,the more accurate it will be!I have done 50 or so runs myself!
I would also try and do the run in 3rd gear...but drive a bit aggressively getting to third,then floor it in third,see if that helps!
Also don't be too mad IF you find your mods don't make a ton of power.If you look at keninirvine and his mods compared the strashek(stock),strashek made a bit more power....
You are 33 rwhp from their numbers so not too far off...I would expect that your numbers are fairly close now.....there should be about 21 RWHP difference between you and the C2S(if I calculated it correctly) so as I said you are close!
This is why I have been shipping the same unit around the USA so IF there is any variance within the Gtech,this should limit it!
I have also heard the new ones are tougher to use,which is why I have been using/shipping around the older model Gtech.
GL and be safe!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-10-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:52 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Originally Posted by justatoy
I would try running the same stretch of road...running each way and then average the two together.More runs you do and average together,the more accurate it will be!I have done 50 or so runs myself!
I would also try and do the run in 3rd gear...but drive a bit aggressively getting to third,then floor it in third,see if that helps!
Also don't be too mad IF you find your mods don't make a ton of power.If you look at keninirvine and his mods compared the strashek(stock),strashek made a bit more power....
You are 33 rwhp from their numbers so not too far off...I would expect that your numbers are fairly close now.....there should be about 21 RWHP difference between you and the C2S(if I calculated it correctly) so as I said you are close!
This is why I have been shipping the same unit around the USA so IF there is any variance within the Gtech,this should limit it!
I have also heard the new ones are tougher to use,which is why I have been using/shipping around the older model Gtech.
GL and be safe!

Stacy
thanks for the tips. I am going to try it in thrid.So from what your saying my non s should being running around 270 which I am 12 away. hopefully on a nice wind free day I can pull it off.I am courious if people on this thread can post there 0-60- and quater mile .I would love to see the times.thanks

Old 01-10-2010, 06:15 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
thanks for the tips. I am going to try it in thrid.So from what your saying my non s should being running around 270 which I am 12 away. hopefully on a nice wind free day I can pull it off.I am courious if people on this thread can post there 0-60- and quater mile .I would love to see the times.thanks
Yeah you really aren't that far off at all!

0-60 and 1/4 mile times are a little harder to do,or at least for me!
I hate having to launch my car THAT hard......kinda hard on the expensive clutch but if others want to give'r than by all means!

Stacy

Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
I was working on brakes 2 days ago and as you noted - it is cold out there. ABS was kicking in very early compared to usual way - that means traction sucks now.
Also to apply usual rules how power gets measured on dyno - get through 1st and 2nd gear without redlining, then switch into 3rd gear, increase rpm to 3.5K then floor it with a quick kick to gas pedal and let it redline.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I was working on brakes 2 days ago and as you noted - it is cold out there. ABS was kicking in very early compared to usual way - that means traction sucks now.
Also to apply usual rules how power gets measured on dyno - get through 1st and 2nd gear without redlining, then switch into 3rd gear, increase rpm to 3.5K then floor it with a quick kick to gas pedal and let it redline.
I will definitely give that a try this weekend its suppose to warm up to 38 LOL.Our cars have similar modes just curious whats you best whp run.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to receiving this gtech thing... got 3 cars to run it on...

Old 01-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Looking forward to receiving this gtech thing... got 3 cars to run it on...
Having 1999 send it to you guys NEXT!
I believe he is sending it out today!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-11-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I have to get my butt in gear to get solid GTech numbes BEFORE doing the SC installation. My issue here has been finding a stretch of road that is straight, flat, long, and safe enough for me to consistently hit 105-110mph, which is about where I redline in 3rd.

But since I have the SAME Gtech that Stacy has going around the planet, and am about to add an SC, I've got to make it a top priority to get pre-SC baseline numbers. Anyone in ATL know a good stretch of test road for me to use? I'm willing to voyage up to an hour to get to it.
CATTMAN

Old 03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
*****UPDATE*****

1999Porsche911 JUST sent me nerRWHP numbers of 433-448 on a 45 F day(multiple pulls so that averages out to 440.5!
This guy has UPPED his boost to 9+ PSI,LOL.......a 3.12" pulley on HIS modified supercharger.
Nice work 1999,nice frickin' work,but you ARE crazy!
He also has decided to pull that pulley off and get back down to a reasonable/safer driving 7 PSI......
I will update the front page....

Stacy

PS C'mon TPC run one of those turbo cars on a closed road........

Last edited by justatoy; 03-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Well I guess I went about this backwards.Most people do baseline runs with STOCK cars and since I did my supercharger over the winter when I couldn't get these baseline runs.....I have had to do them now,since I sold the charger and returned my car back to stock.
I managed to average 284 netRWHP.....(WITHOUT the CHARGER or AWE high flow cats).
With the charger was an average of 401 netRWHP
I still have Fabspeed headers,mufflers....nothing else.
WOW what a difference without the charger,LOL.......by my calculations that is around 140+BHP LESS.........
Anyway good to see the car is back to stock and RUNNING GREAT......I do think it is easier to install the charger than to put the car back to stock!....NO kidding

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-18-2010 at 12:26 PM.