997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2010 Porsche Turbo 0-60 3.2s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:25 AM
DaveC is infamous around these parts
The paddle steering wheel will be available as Tequipment for all 09 PDK equipped Porsches. Probably won't see any until after the first of the year according to my dealer. It's in their equipment catalogs if you want to check w/ your own dealer.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Excellence tested it and got a time 0-60 under 3 seconds. Crazy fast!

Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Koby is infamous around these parts
the lights on the steering wheel looks gimmicky...

Old 10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I love it .. especially in Mexico Blue!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:35 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It will never have a hand built Gt1 engine built at Porsche motorsport . 0-60 is improved primarily from PDK but to compare it to the tuner cars which have full power through the range is not going to fly . Unlike some if the tuner cars the stock turbos will ease off wheras the modified ones have much more on tap .

If getting to 60 is the race of choice the PDK car is very impressive but it has a lot of proving to do to step up to the current engine block and its success.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:21 PM
xbar is infamous around these parts
agree with yarrlis... $85k for a used, low mi. turbo and it's a no brainer.
3.4 sec, 3.2 sec... who cares. both are fast and i doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference. besides, i think the whole launch controlled 0-60 times are a novelty and dont really serve a practical purpose.

hoping to upgrade to one, one of these days... sigh.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:55 PM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by xbar
agree with yarrlis... $85k for a used, low mi. turbo and it's a no brainer.
3.4 sec, 3.2 sec... who cares. both are fast and i doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference. besides, i think the whole launch controlled 0-60 times are a novelty and dont really serve a practical purpose.
And I absolutely crave that novelty. Coming from a base carrera, I'm excited to be thrilled with this new one. That's why I don't waste my money on modding my current ride, I save it to buy a whole new car! These car's aren't made for practicality anyways!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 PM
xbar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gray911
And I absolutely crave that novelty. Coming from a base carrera, I'm excited to be thrilled with this new one. That's why I don't waste my money on modding my current ride, I save it to buy a whole new car! These car's aren't made for practicality anyways!

What I meant was that if you're going to be quoting a 0-60 time for a car, you shouldn't have to push a bunch of buttons and follow steps to get it there. I guess it's fine if you're having fun in an empty parking lot or drag racing, but that number doesn't translate well when talking about everyday performance or even at the tracks.

I'd have to disagree and say that 911 Turbos are made to be practical supercars...

Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
unless you race for money, who cares. i personally dont care for the PDK but i do like the center lock wheel option.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:19 PM
CatDog is infamous around these partsCatDog is infamous around these parts
little lcd and chrome on the steering wheel? what the hell :/

Old 10-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Clearly the 2010 997TT is an engineering marvel. To run 0-60mph in ~3 seconds, and still be a Porsche in the curves, wow, that's impressive. Add to that the ability for it to be (for me) a daily driver, grocery-store runner, soccer practice pick-up vehicle, child-shuttler, etc., with all the amenities of a cruiser (Bluetooth, CD, iPod, cupholders, etc.) and you have the total package.

I've too often heard Porsche owners say is, "Yeah, sure a Corvette (or whatever) are faster to 60, or stop light to stop light, but we lick 'em all in the curves." While that's true, this is a car that can beat up on almost anything on a dragstrip and ALSO win around a long curvy track like the Nurburgring. You don't see those 2 distinct abilities in one vehicle very often. Perhaps never, particularly when you consider it's daily drivable/ insurable nature.
CATTMAN

Old 10-25-2009, 01:54 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Clearly the 2010 997TT is an engineering marvel. To run 0-60mph in ~3 seconds, and still be a Porsche in the curves, wow, that's impressive.
As it was noted previously it is yet to be seen how exactly this new DFI engine and PDK will show themselves in a long run, especially if engine will be pushed to its limits. Previous turbo engine was pretty much bulletproofed.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM
blayne is infamous around these parts
thanks for sharing

Old 10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
I bet its tires will need to be replaced after every 3-rd sub 3 sec launch!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gray911
Actually, that Turbo is a bargain! Imagine performance only achieved with cars 3-4x it's price. The murcielago SV 0-60 is 3.2 sec, so as the McLaren F1. And can do 24 mpg! WTxxx! Make way for the the KING!

I was also considering the gallardo and 458 but this is a better value.
Well.......... It's time to get a new garage queen.

Agree that it is a bargain compared to other brands with this kind of performance, but how about comparison within the same brand?

It turns out that the new GT3RS has the exact same base price as this new turbo.

I realized that the RS will never reach this kind of straight line acceleration, but somehow I find the RS to be much more desirable to own than the turbo. I know some of you will say the apple to orange comparison again. But with the same sum of money, I'll buy the RS any day. (sorry for going off-topic)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Porsche Turbo 0-60 3.2s